Celebration Last Minute Questions 13/09

Only 4 days to go and just have a few questions if any one can help?

On Formal Night/ Captains Cocktail night

if we DO attend do guys have to wear a jacket ie: suit/tux or can u get away with shirt, tie,Trousers & shoes

During the evening excluding formal night the brochure states men must wear "trousers" does this mean cant wear Jeans?

Depending on answer to last question can you wear trainers in the evening?

There may be a few more questions before Monday but any help with these will be greatly appreciated! mainly to know what to pack :D

Matthew

On formal night you can "get away with" whatever you like, however in my experience the vast majority of men will wear a dinner jacket or a suit, so it's up to you really whether you want to go with the flow or not!

On the other nights I can't say I saw many men in jeans or trainers, most were in smart casual trousers and shoes. Again it's up to you!

Having cruised on Thomson and P&O, I would say people were more smartly dressed on Thomson.

Have a great cruise!

Carol x

On formal night you can "get away with" whatever you like, however in my experience the vast majority of men will wear a dinner jacket or a suit, so it's up to you really whether you want to go with the flow or not!

On the other nights I can't say I saw many men in jeans or trainers, most were in smart casual trousers and shoes. Again it's up to you!

Having cruised on Thomson and P&O, I would say people were more smartly dressed on Thomson.

Have a great cruise!

Carol x

Thanks Carol for the help the brochure isn't very clear for guy's it does say "trousers" but doesn't say NO jeans/denim so was unsure :)

Hi Matthew,

Just glad you posted, cause I wanted to wish you a wonderful cruise sweetie, you make sure you enjoy yourself and have fun.

I hope you got your shopping all done...I am still swaping stuff in and out of our cases..!!

OH has a dinner suit for the formal night thingy..and I have a long dress..good excuse to dress up..we don't get out much..lol..so sad.!

Any how you won't forget to let us know from Cypress how the ship is, will you hunny.

have a great time

Sandra x

Hi Matthew,

Just glad you posted, cause I wanted to wish you a wonderful cruise sweetie, you make sure you enjoy yourself and have fun.

I hope you got your shopping all done...I am still swaping stuff in and out of our cases..!!

OH has a dinner suit for the formal night thingy..and I have a long dress..good excuse to dress up..we don't get out much..lol..so sad.!

Any how you won't forget to let us know from Cypress how the ship is, will you hunny.

have a great time

Sandra x

Sandra

Thanks very much really looking forward to it have everything ironed now just got to get tomorrow at work out off the way then can really start getting ready :D

I think it was just a glitch in the system the other week as everything apears to have calmed down and going where it should

I will def post from Cyprus to put you mind at rest that will be Sat 18th I will be on early am as will have had 4 days without being on line:eek: (sad I know)

Not sure about DJ ourselves however have changed our minds that much about outfits there's still time that's why thought see what general opinion is on here!

Hopefully chat before I go but if not don't worry and def post from Cyprus but see what happens Mon when arrive if get time will try and give you first impressions before leave Marmaris :)

Things'll be just fine Matt!

Dress comfortably! In the evenings, except formal night, I, a bloke, wear trousers and open shirt and sandals. :eek:

It's too hot for shoes! And I never wear them in real life anyway.

Alex is going to be very warm and it looks as if we may have a drop of rain as we arrive in Marmaris.

Not at all excited, much. :)

Things'll be just fine Matt!

Dress comfortably! In the evenings, except formal night, I, a bloke, wear trousers and open shirt and sandals. :eek:

It's too hot for shoes! And I never wear them in real life anyway.

Alex is going to be very warm and it looks as if we may have a drop of rain as we arrive in Marmaris.

Not at all excited, much. :)

Alex I assume you are on the same Cruise?

We may both give the sandles a miss and stick to trainers ;) but have got loads of Polo Shirts and short sleeved shirts (need spare incase someone has the same outfit) I think we will be fine just wanted to get general Idea before tomorrows last minute shopping :D

Matthew

There's bound to be wardrobe trouble Matt!

I reckon I've cornered the market in natty short sleeved shirts!

Last year I got changed after dinner and arrived at the bar at the same time as another guy, we were both wearing the same shirt and trousers combo. We finished our drinks and both sloped off to put something else on; we both then rejoined our friends unfortunately having changed into very much the same choice as each other again!

The Alex I was referring to is Alexandria, I'm Chippy!

Maybe catch you for a drink on the Celebration, btw, guess what song they play at the beginning of the sailaway party? I'd better learn the words!

There's bound to be wardrobe trouble Matt!

I reckon I've cornered the market in natty short sleeved shirts!

Last year I got changed after dinner and arrived at the bar at the same time as another guy, we were both wearing the same shirt and trousers combo. We finished our drinks and both sloped off to put something else on; we both then rejoined our friends unfortunately having changed into very much the same choice as each other again!

The Alex I was referring to is Alexandria, I'm Chippy!

Maybe catch you for a drink on the Celebration, btw, guess what song they play at the beginning of the sailaway party? I'd better learn the words!

These are the problems I'm expecting however it's not to bad if they look better on you than the other person it's when its other way round it's bad!

It has happened to me a few weeks ago in a club in Manchester but everyone said I looked better than the 18yr old lad in question so was more than happy with that :)

I'll give the sailaway song a miss I think I may be busy doing my hair at that point I know my mate will however it is his birthday on Monday and he's petrified I have arranged something for him ;)

whatever happens I'm going to have a good time ;)

Only 4 days to go and just have a few questions if any one can help?

On Formal Night/ Captains Cocktail night

if we DO attend do guys have to wear a jacket ie: suit/tux or can u get away with shirt, tie,Trousers & shoes

During the evening excluding formal night the brochure states men must wear "trousers" does this mean cant wear Jeans?

Depending on answer to last question can you wear trainers in the evening?

There may be a few more questions before Monday but any help with these will be greatly appreciated! mainly to know what to pack :D

Matthew

Hi Matt

It kind of depends where you want to eat, more casual in the Lido and a lot more formal in the waiter served restaurants so probably not jeans. I would wear a jacket for the formal if I was you as there has been disapproval on this site for casual wear. Actually if you want the photos they definitely look better if you wear a jacket as they put them all up on a board for everyone to see and the odd one who doesn't really stands out. DH bought a cheap lightweight black suit which didn't crease in the case and put a white shirt and bow tie with it but an ordinary tie would do. You can't tell on the photos and my hubby really hates wearing formal gear but we would give it a miss next time as it's not that great an evening.:):)

See the "Tux" thread lower down the page.

Jan

There you go then, ready made party!

You can bask in the glory of your party organising skills, and when your hair's dry come up on deck and try and find him!

It'll be a blast I'm sure. :)

(Safe for work)

Hi Matt

It kind of depends where you want to eat, more casual in the Lido and a lot more formal in the waiter served restaurants so probably not jeans. I would wear a jacket for the formal if I was you as there has been disapproval on this site for casual wear. Actually if you want the photos they definitely look better if you wear a jacket as they put them all up on a board for everyone to see and the odd one who doesn't really stands out. DH bought a cheap lightweight black suit which didn't crease in the case and put a white shirt and bow tie with it but an ordinary tie would do. You can't tell on the photos and my hubby really hates wearing formal gear but we would give it a miss next time as it's not that great an evening.:):)

See the "Tux" thread lower down the page.

Jan

Chippycat NO NO NO to the video even after drinking the ship dry :D

Jan thanks for that I had a feeling that I had heard what you said before so that's why checking out it is formal night that the main query is the other nights we will be fine i think.

Of shopping tomorrow so lets see what that shows up another visit to Next or Top Man me thinks will update tomorrow night on what decided :D even though that could change between sat and tues

Hi Matthew

Have a nice holiday, you'll have a great time.:):) I've just got our tickets for our club AI in Turkey for next month, hurray!! Can't wait. No Dinner Jackets for that thank goodness and no snobbery about it either. I've had a glass of vino so I'd better shut up, ha, ha, ha !! :D:D;)

Jan

Hi Matthew

Have a nice holiday, you'll have a great time.:):) I've just got our tickets for our club AI in Turkey for next month, hurray!! Can't wait. No Dinner Jackets for that thank goodness and no snobbery about it either. I've had a glass of vino so I'd better shut up, ha, ha, ha !! :D:D;)

Jan

Thanks very much Jan I'm sure we will have good time. Once your tickets have arrived the countdown begins :)

Enjoy you vino

Matthew

Archived