Passion Island by Twister or Catamaran

court1683

We are setting sail to the Western Caribbean for our honeymoon on the Liberty of the Seas 10/10/10 and one of our stops is Cozumel. We wanted to book an excursion to Passion Island, but on the Royal Caribbean website there are two different modes of transportation...via Catamaran or Twister. Does anyone have any preference one vs the other? Does one get you to the island quicker than the other? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to you response.

-The Future Mrs.

My wife and I did the cat to Passion Island in the beginning of June when we sailed on the Oasis of the Seas. The catamaran is a tender type, two decks, and motors along at a good pace leaving lots of time for the island. Plenty of food at the buffet and plenty of island drinks and beer on tap:D. There is also a cash bar on the beach if you want something different. Beach is great and water is crystal clear. Hope you have a great time and Congrats on your wedding!

I'd definitely do twister! I had a wonderful time when we had the opportunity to do this! Check out my Legend Review. I have pictures of the island and the boat. (The pictures at the beginning of the review are gone, but all of the ones from the ship and ports are there.

First off... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are sailing on the Conquest on 10/10/10 for our 25th anniversary.

We did the Twister boat in January. I am not a thrill ride person but absolutely loved the ride. Be prepared to get wet. They put all of your bags in a dry compartment when you board. We raced one of the boats coming back we all had sooo much fun. It was unusually cool for Mexico when we were there in January so we didn't spend much time in the water but it is beautiful there. The only thing I can say against the entire excursion is I didn't care for the food they served. But I am on the picky side too. I stuck with chips & salsa. It isnt like you are going to starve before you get back to the ship.

Enjoy your cruise!

That all those funny Corona commercials are filmed at Isla Passion? I thought I read that someplace on here before. Or am I thinking of some other place in Cozumel?

Thanks.

Yes that is true , I had asked a question on the catamaran a while back and someone posted some nice pictures. One of the prettiest places we have ever seen in all of our 10 cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1211159&highlight=passion+island

Archived