Pre-booking Princess Shore Excursions Online and Cancellation Deadlines?

swdke

It depends on the shore excursion, but most of them can be cancelled any time up until about a day or two before the excursion. When you get onboard your excursion tickets will be delivered to your room and will have the information necessary if you want to cancel. There are some that require much longer advance notice or have cancellation penalties, but these are rare and are usually the high dollar/high demand excursions.

Last year we reserved an excursion online. After we boarded, we went to check out some other excursions, and just happened to ask about the one we had reserved. There was no record of it:eek:. We had specifically reserved it because the last time we'd been in that port, it had sold out months before our cruise, and even though we were top on a waitlist, no one ever cancelled.

Fortunately, last year there was still space available.

So just a warning...check as soon as you can once you're on board.

And if you're supposed to pay for those reservations prior to the sailing date, where is that info? I looked for it last night and see nothing. Thanks.

Last year we reserved an excursion online. After we boarded, we went to check out some other excursions, and just happened to ask about the one we had reserved. There was no record of it:eek:. We had specifically reserved it because the last time we'd been in that port, it had sold out months before our cruise, and even though we were top on a waitlist, no one ever cancelled.

Fortunately, last year there was still space available.

So just a warning...check as soon as you can once you're on board.

And if you're supposed to pay for those reservations prior to the sailing date, where is that info? I looked for it last night and see nothing. Thanks.

You don't pay for the excursions on Princess until after you've boarded the ship. The tickets for the excursions are delivered to your stateroom fairly early on the first day, if they don't arrive or aren't what you expected I'd definitely be checking into it. So far I haven't had that happen, but at least half of my onshore tours are privately arranged instead of booked through Princess.

Booking an excursion online (99.9% of the time, as there are a few that once booked, you can't cancel, but those are very rare and usually more exotic types of excursions), you can cancel online up until the time your personalizer is locked before your cruise, 5 days prior. You can still cancel 99.9% of them onboard. The cancellation times and days are listed in the Princess patter each day so you are aware.

Archived