RCCL app??

dlabout

Morning All,

I was reading yesterday about how Royal does read the posts on CC. I sent them an idea through the customer support web site and thought I would see what all you fine folks think of it....

In this world of smart phones there is an "app" for just about everything. So when I jumped into the smart phone world I was curious to see if there was a RCCL app for my phone. Well there is nothing out there. In fact, there is only a cruise photo app for background photos on your phone or the web cams for Princess lines. Those are both good but as for me I was hoping for more.

My idea was based on the fact every time my wife and I hear "Lust for life" or the announcement chimes from off the ship we are just dying to go on another cruise. I know, its a programmed response but why not have an app with some of the well known sounds from the ship. They could also incorporate the "Hot Deals" section from the find a cruise on RCCL.com and maybe allow some navigation to your account on RCCL. I even thought a cruise countdown ticker would be fun.

So, what do you folks think? If they made such an app for your clever phone, would you use it?

-Doug

If RCI is not already working on this, they are NOOBS! lol

Ofc it is a great idea. I'd love to have a ship's horn blast as my ringtone for any travel-related email received. That aught to wake ppl up during a boring meeting! *grin*

I have a Royal Caribbean app on my IPhone. But it is totally lame. The "latest news" are for UK customers only, and the schedule is so outdated it's unbelievable. I don't think it's ever had an update since I downloaded in March or April.

You can tell that it was not created by rccl themselves. The way it looks, it was created by some uk travel agency but a few years go. I do agree that they should come up with something. But I do use shipmate. It's really nice to have:)

There are a couple of consumer written apps for the iPhone, one of which is Decent, but none for the Droid OS. I would love to see one for my Droid that gives me access to my C&A account, bookings, ship info, excursions, etc in a more mobile friendly layout. Best of all would be a countdown clock!

A mobile friendly CC app would be great,too. I have them for other boards I watch.

A decent on for iPhone / iPad is Ship Mate Royal Caribbean. It provides a lot of information, but it is a third party app, not directly from Royal Caribbean. It has ship maps, iteneraries, excursion info, etc.

It is free also.

Thanks for the info on this app. I had no idea it existed. I just downloaded to my iPad and there is now a charge of $1.99. However, LOADS OF FUN and tons of info. Just as a note to others, the app defaults to Adventure o/t Seas. Just swipe on the pic of the ship until it gets to your ship.

A decent on for iPhone / iPad is Ship Mate Royal Caribbean. It provides a lot of information, but it is a third party app, not directly from Royal Caribbean. It has ship maps, iteneraries, excursion info, etc.

It is free also.

The Royal Caribbean Ship Mate app showed at $1.99 on my phone (NCL and another line were free - most were $1.99). I downloaded it anyway and will take it on my next cruise. I do wish the developer had taken the time to spell St. Maarten correctly. It's not "St. Marteen". Now I'm afraid to look at the deck plans in case they show the Main Dinning Room.... :rolleyes:

Archived