ipad and Internet connections on board

travelgenie

I just purchased an ipad, we are leaving for a Panama Canal cruise in about 10 days. Once I figure out how to use it, I would like to take it on our trip to keep tabs on our business email while we are away. Does anyone have any experience with using one on board using the ship's internet connections? We will be on the Ryndam, have not heard anything about their internet, help anyone?

The ships' wifi is very slow ... about like old dial-up. Cost is $3.95 to start an account, then $0.75/min, or $55 for 100 min, or $100 for 250 min. Sometimes you can get a decent signal in your cabin, sometimes you have to go to a public area.

Pardon me while I have an iPad moment--I LOVE my iPad, and you will too! GREAT for travel and instant email checking. Download Weatherbug--fabulous app for checking weather both at home and around the world, with radar (like if a hurricane is brewing in the Gulf while you cruise... ;) ). USA Today, BBC News, BridgeBaron (if you are a Bridge player)...I could go on and on. :D :D :D :D

Archived