Amsterdam cabin size?

bergjd

I'm concerned about having been upgraded to a "G" class cabin, main deck, on the Amsterdam, as I have read somewhere that those first few cabins on the bow are smaller than the other outside cabins. My TA has spoken with 3 different offices at HAL and they say there are no outside rooms with less than 184 sq ft. Does anyone have first hand experience on whether this is true or not? I don't care about the location, I'm concerned with the size.

From one web site that I use for sizes, they mentioned that the sizes of the Outside Cabins on the Amsterdam were a 182---same size as the Inside Cabins. I think this is a mistake. The Amsterdam is very similar to the Rotterdam. The Outsides on the Main deck on the Rotterdam are 197 sq ft. You might be slightly less than that. Don't take a cabin on the Lower Promenade Deck. I do know that the DD's are definitely smaller than the D's. And I wouldn't be surprised if the C's are also smaller. The Insides on both ships are 182 so I'm pretty sure that you will be okay. The Amsterdam and Rotterdam are pretty standard in their sizes.

I've found pictures on another site of an "outside" cabin with portholes on the Amsterdam that only have 1 closet and 2 chairs instead of a couch. It doesn't list the cabin number, but there could only be a couple of cabins that it could be according to the deck plans.

Has anyone actually stayed in 2503 or 2504?

Archived