NCL Pearl Special Restaurants

Sammydan

My boyfriend and I are headed on NCL this October and he questioned me about the Special Restaurants. We have only been on Carnival and we ate in the main dining room each night on that vacation so I didn't really know the answer to his queston. How does the speciality restaurants work? I know there is a fee for them but is there a limit to what you can order? Can you order 3 appetizers or 4 desserts? Is there a restriction?

We were just on the star in June and, I believe that they limit you on the entree. However, I was able to order 2 appetizers, and 2 desserts in Le Bistro. I didn't even try in endless summer or La Cucina, because it is a TON of food and I didnt need to order more than 1 of each. This was my experience...not 100% sure how it works. The food was great...on my cruise in March however, I will definitely do more dinners in the Main Dining Room. You should also know that some of the restaurants have the "surcharge" and then depending on what you order once you are in the restaurant you may have to pay even more, like if you want a huge lobster tail or something like that. We never paid more past the surcharge and loved the food and experience. I want to try Cagney's on my next one. Have fun!

I was on the pearl a few years back and tried all of the specialty restaurants. They were all really good! The fees ranged from $10.00 per person to $30.00 per person, and yes, the last poster is correct. If you want something rediculous, like the dinner for 2 with a porterhouse and lobster in the steakhouse, it is an up charge. You can get numerous dishes depending on the place. We got more than one of entrees in the italian restaurant just because we wanted to try some different things, but it would have not been an option in Le Bistro. Can't hurt to ask, depends on what kind of mood they are in that day.

Archived