looking for a private catamaran tour

cmccmccmc

hope someone can help, about 6 years ago I found this company on the message boards but can not seem to find them again.

they were running a similar tour to the cruise line one, cat tour with snorkeling with the turtles and a ship wreck, lunch and drinks, BUT with one major difference , there were about 10 of us on a catamaran not 50.

we had a great time and were hoping to take the kids this year.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Captain Ron runs a similar tour as well on the "why not " . His prices are reasonable and requires no deposit for an unforgettable time . For personal service he can't be beat . You can call him at 1 246 262 3792 or check out his info at barbadosahoy.com click cruises and "why not " sailing . Which ever way you go , Barbados is beautiful !

We just got back from the Victory and booked with Calabayza sailing - Have to tell you that you will NEVER go with another tour if you use them. They are amazing. Gina and her crew are right on top of the drinks, lunch and fun times. They are on the web at Calabayza sailing.com. We are actually planning a trip for 4 days to Barbados next year and they are part of the tour.

The extra bonus was that there was only 12 of us and that was that was the max she would take

• 2 weeks later...
hope someone can help, about 6 years ago I found this company on the message boards but can not seem to find them again.

they were running a similar tour to the cruise line one, cat tour with snorkeling with the turtles and a ship wreck, lunch and drinks, BUT with one major difference , there were about 10 of us on a catamaran not 50.

we had a great time and were hoping to take the kids this year.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

;) We did a private cat tour in July 2010--It was fantastic --Silvermoon Catamaran-- The best cat ever--Max 10 people, del. fd and drinks, capt and crew great--Hurry and book --tell them the Alabama crew said "Hi"--I can't say enough about them.. Go to their website-or type in Silvermoon cat--you will love it ! DEL I think that it is $150 pp but worth every penny!

I hope someone has the answer; that sounds great. We went on a cat tour in St Thomas with 30 people and it was very crowded in the water. People don't pay attention very well and ram into each other. I'd love to go on on w/ only 10 guests.

Calabaza is the way to go only 12 max. on a beautiful cat yacht. First class all the way. All food & drinks included. Snorkel with the turtles then to a wreck. $100 p/p but well worth it.

We just got back from the Victory and booked with Calabayza sailing - Have to tell you that you will NEVER go with another tour if you use them. They are amazing. Gina and her crew are right on top of the drinks, lunch and fun times. They are on the web at Calabayza sailing.com. We are actually planning a trip for 4 days to Barbados next year and they are part of the tour.

The extra bonus was that there was only 12 of us and that was that was the max she would take

Absolutely right on. We just got back from the Serenade and did this tour in Barbados and it was the highlight of our cruise. Calabaza is the BEST.

Did you feel that Calabaza had enough room for everyone that wanted to be in the shade? What time did the tour start and end? Did you have time after you were dropped off to do a little shopping close to the ship? thanks

Did you feel that Calabaza had enough room for everyone that wanted to be in the shade? What time did the tour start and end? Did you have time after you were dropped off to do a little shopping close to the ship? thanks

I would say there was room for nearly everyone to be in the shade if they wanted. My wife and I are pretty pale and tend to search for shade everywhere we go in the islands , we had no trouble on this boat. There is a large sun tarp over the main seating area and there is about half of the front of the boat in shade most of the day. The sun lovers were all out on the net. I believe it started at 9:30 and went till 3:30 or so, had about an hour to shop on the pier. The folks selling stuff at he pier didn't seem willing to deal and the prices were not high, but not super deals either. My wife offered one woman $21 for a wooden turtle marked $26, she said no immediately without any counter offer. I did hear from others that didn't do a tour that the shopping out in town was much cheaper than the pier(as is true most of the ports). You go through town on the way back from Calabaza so maybe they could let you off to shop in town.

Thanks for the quick reply, I am torn between the Catamaran companies, they all seem to get great reviews. We don't want to shop much, just pick up some t-shirts since we have never been to Barbados before. There are going to be 4 adults and a 4 yr. old so I wanted to make sure we will be comfortable. I appreciate all the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived