Sofa Bed: Comfortable or Horrible?

JamashP

Our family of 5 will be in a grand suite for our upcoming Voyager of the Seas cruise. One child will be on a roll away, and the other two get the sofa bed.

Anyone with experience/knowledge of the comfort level of the sofa? Can't be that bad, or can it?

The children will be 13, 11, and 7.

Thanks for any insight.

Scott

Many of the bed surfaces on the cruise ships are rather hard (kind of like futons). You should arrive as early as you can (staterooms are usually available at 1:00 PM) and check out the surface you'll be sleeping on. If you find it too hard, talk with your cabin attendant and ask for the foam cushions that can be put onto the beds. Make sure that you talk to them before 4:00 PM on the first day. I told one of our room attendants and he wasn't working our hallway first afternoon and he forgot to tell the guy (Joseph) that was working our hallway. When I asked again later (about 6:30) because everything else we had requested had been done, but Joseph hadn't been told. He said he would try, but if the housekeeping offices downstairs were closed, he might not be able to get one that day. But he did manage to get one.

Also, this is a frequent tip on the boards, but bring post-it notes and if you are giving more than one request to your cabin attendant, write them down and hand it to them, or make sure they know where you'll leave such notes (we told Joseph we'd leave them on the desk mirror). I gave three requests and two were done, one was not. Since he had half of a long hallway to do (probably about 20 cabins), it was understandable that he didn't remember all the requests. I should have made it easier for him.

Archived