Dawn: Blue Lagoon food choices?

dongordon

Blue Lagoon is waitress service. You just sit down, and they come over to you.

The layout is very confusing, as it's a hallway with one side being the exterior wall of the ship, looking out onto the promenade area of deck 7, and the other side being the stainless of the kitchen. It's not obvious how it works. While there aren't steam trays like on a buffet, there is a small area where apples, cookies and "banana bread" type items (usually 2-3 in total), and a water/coffee service area which makes it look like the whole restaurant is self service.

The seating is kind of funky, with the tables along the wall being 4tops, with a wooden park bench type booth on one side, wtih short, backless, overstuffed "ottoman" type, footstool seats on the other. There is a second row of 2 tops, parallel to the row of 4 tops. All of this is just off to the left of the main hallway leading from the atrium back to the gift shop, along a major artery walkway on that deck.

There are also, usually no more than 3 waitresses in the area, and if they are waiting on someone, you may not immediately see them. The tables are not preset with silverware, which also adds to the confusion as to whether this is a buffet area, or waiter/waitress service.

All in all, a unique spot which serves a purpose, and can be used quite effectively to fill the gaps coming back from a shore-ex and it's not quite dinner, but you don't want buffet food that has been sitting in that steam tray a while.

Enjoy!

HotlantaCruiser....Thank you so much. What a wonderful review! I feel much more comfortable now. Sounds a bit confusing with the way it is laid out. I would have expected it to be somewhere you enter...not walk thru. I will definitly give it try. And again...THANKS!!!!:)

I think other's have mentioned, it, but the waitstaff will cover your items with plastic wrap to take back to your stateroom. There is also a small outdoor area, just off of blue lagoon, with a few tables. Might be too windy to actually sit there on a sea day, but on a port day if on the ship it would work.

Best Secret about Blue Lagoon: Milk in CARTONS, which you can take with you. Just help yourself from the "cooler". Works really well if you like milk (not cream) in your coffee, or if you have younger ones who need the 'carton'.

I will also second the idea that the burgers there are better than on deck, as they will melt the cheese on the burger while it's still on the grill.

Again, the room (hallway) is not upscale, but it's not supposed to be. It is a niche, and one that can come in VERY handy either late at night, or close to change over from lunch/dinner. It is VERY QUICK, when you don't want to spend 1 1/2 hours for lunch.

Also, don't forget that there is usually fresh fruit, banana bread and/or cookies available all the time also. Just help yourserlf, tongs and plates are right there.

Archived