Sydney, PEI- Local Tours

pip28

Interested in going to the Cabot Trail. Anyone has suggestions on local tour operators? Going on the oct 2 Costa Alantica cruise from Quecbec.

Anyone interested in joining?

PEI- looking for tours visiting nice spots other than Green Gables. Anyone?

If you go to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1250240 and look at my post #6, I've given links to some self drive itineraries if that's what you are intending to do.

If you do a search on Charlottetown PEI on this branch there are some older threads which will give you some ideas and reviews on other self drive itineraries and cruise line booked excursions.

I guess it sort of depends on what interests you as to what one might suggest. There are taxis that park just outside the cruise port that will take you wherever you want to tour.

The Cabot trail is justifiably very famous. However, althogh you can drive around it in one day, you would have little time to stop and no time if some kind of problem were to happen.

Apparently most ship's tours give only a taste of the trail, and not the best part in my opinion.

Unless your ship is in port for ten to twelve hours, I would stick to Louisbourg or Baddeck/Iona.

I see you have started a Roll Call. Maybe someone will post there.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I don't think I will drive unless I can find people to share the car. Renting a car is definitely the most flexible.

The private tour companies like Tartan tours and Blue Diamond don't seem very responsive to enquiries.

Do you think it will be too late to find people who will be interested to some together to share cars and tours on the cruise itself? There don't seem to be any response for the roll call thread.

Archived