Rays, Reef and Rum Point - Questions

Cruzinbabe06

We have this excursion booked for our Nov cruise. Just some questions from those of you who have taken this tour, I think thru Nativeway.

How long do you get to interact with the stingrays? How long do they give you to snorkel on the second part of the trip? When you get to Rum Point, I see they have jetskiing. Does anyone know the price? Is it a crowded beach?

Any info of your experience greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Cruzinbabe,

We did this excursion back in 2008 when we sailed on the Navigator, and we are doing it again when we sail this coming December. We spent about 35-40 minutes at both Stingray City and the reef. We were at Rum Point for about an hour and a half. Rum Point was not crowded at all, plenty of lounge chairs to go around :) It's not a very big beach, but again, wasn't crowded. We can't wait till December to do it again :)

The snorkeling was OK, it wasn't the best we've ever done. But we did see quite a few different types of fish and I got some decent pictures. The food at Rum Point was good. You order directly off of the menu from the restaurant right before you do the snorkeling so it's ready when you get there. I noticed somewhere else in this forum that someone posted the menu, and from what I recall it was pretty much the same as when we went.

Here are some very nice snorkeling guides I came across to the better snorkeling areas at Rum Point. Accurate descriptions and details. The snorkeling right off the beach is fair at best; you will see some fish, a barracuda hangs out under the pier and sting rays frequent the area.

http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/post/577457787/rum-point-coral-gardens

http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/post/577591154/rum-point-shore-route

http://snorkelblog.tumblr.com/post/613947397/rum-point-barrier-reef

We did this and we had a lot of time with the stingrays. They made sure that everyone that wanted to get up personal with the rays and take a pic, etc got to do that..Snorkeled for a while....but seems like the time at Rum Point was pretty quick. Wouldn't have had time to hang out and then jetski, etc. We ate lunch and then went to the shop and then it was time to leave.

We did book this for our upcoming cruise end of Sep - I did ask the lady about jet skiing on Rum Point Beach , because my husband really want to do it

The price is $65 for 30 min , no discount if you are with the Rays, Reed and Rum Point tour as it is a separately owned and operated beach.

Thank you guys. My husband went jet skiing for the first time on our Mexican Riviera cruise and now he's hooked.

I guess we'll just have to pay the $65.00. If we're there for only that short period of time, 30 min is probably all we'll have to spare. Maybe he can jetski first and eat afterwards.

Again, thank you

Archived