What should we do?

taffer

Hello: We are a 31 and 29 year old couple hoping to make the most of our honeymoon experience this October when we cruise out of San Juan and stop at port of calls, (in order) St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and lastly, St. Maarten. We will be flying in on Saturday and staying at Marriott Stellos. We want to be adventures/trying new things like zip lining, snorkeling, horseback riding, etc..., and would like to relax some as well. What would be a good itenary mix of excursions and relaxing ideas? We are curious if anyone had thoughts on most sees and when great times/ports are great to relax at? Everyone's thoughts are appreciated.

It's been about 5 years or so since I've been to any of those islands, so a good chance the excursions have changed. One thing we did on St Kitts last time we were there was to take an ATV excursion that went down by the beach and then up into the rain forest. That was tons of fun. We also did a catamaran trip to Nevis from St Kitts once that had great snorkling and then lunch on the beach in Nevis.

You will find so much more info on the Ports of Call Boards for each island, so you might want to do some reading over there.

Some random thoughts...

• St. Thomas - My favorite shore excursion is a half day sail/snorkel, since it still leaves time for shopping and exploring the island, but also gets you out on the water. For a full day trip, try the power boat to Virgin Gorda, BVI and the Caves.
  • St. Lucia - Try one of the rainforest tours in St. Lucia. It's really beautiful, and so different from other islands. There's a hike to a waterfall that sounded a wee bit too adventurous for us, but sounds like its something you might enjoy.
  • St. Maarten - I always skip the formal tour and just go to Orient Beach and rent a lounge chair at one of the beach clubs -- Bikini Beach and Kakao are my favorites. Best people watching anywhere. And there's plenty of activity if you want it -- jet skis, parasailing, sea kayaks, etc.

In Barbados, we just did a beach day, so I have no helpful hints. And

I haven't cruised to St. Kitts or Dominca (yet!), so I won't be much help there.

Archived