Dr. Pepper Yes or No?

~earthmama~

I'm the ultimate Dr Pepper snob.

How could you compare Dr Pepper with Mr. Pibb? Shame on you!

Now (I warned you that I was a DP snob,) I'll only bring Dr Pepper on board if I'm bringing it from home (Dallas.) When we sailed the Freedom last summer, I purchased a 12-pack at a grocery store in Ft. Lauderdale (can't remember which one.) I was disappointed. I could actually taste a difference. (It tasted more of aluminum than DP.)

This summer, Dr Pepper released a "limited edition" version, made with sugar. (NOT to be confused with DUBLIN Dr Pepper, made with IMPERIAL pure cane sugar.) The limited edition released this summer was made with beet sugar. Either way, it's MUCH BETTER TASTING than Dr Pepper made with corn syrup. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to drinking regular Dr Pepper (made with the corn syrup.) The sugar has ruined me. There's no going back now!

Thanks for letting me share.:D

I'm the ultimate Dr Pepper snob.

How could you compare Dr Pepper with Mr. Pibb? Shame on you!

Now (I warned you that I was a DP snob,) I'll only bring Dr Pepper on board if I'm bringing it from home (Dallas.) When we sailed the Freedom last summer, I purchased a 12-pack at a grocery store in Ft. Lauderdale (can't remember which one.) I was disappointed. I could actually taste a difference. (It tasted more of aluminum than DP.)

This summer, Dr Pepper released a "limited edition" version, made with sugar. (NOT to be confused with DUBLIN Dr Pepper, made with IMPERIAL pure cane sugar.) The limited edition released this summer was made with beet sugar. Either way, it's MUCH BETTER TASTING than Dr Pepper made with corn syrup. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to drinking regular Dr Pepper (made with the corn syrup.) The sugar has ruined me. There's no going back now!

Thanks for letting me share.:D

Isn't Dallas the one place where they still use sugar?

When all the pop switched to corn syrup was the beginning of the decline of all civilzation.

What I have seen is You find Dr Pepper in the south

and usually Mr Pibb in the north , I asked for DP in Ohio at

Mc Donald's they had never heard of it. Dr Pepper was invented

in Dublin TX at a drugstore , You can buy the cane sugar version

on -bay Way better than corn surup .

We live in north east Indiana and we have DP here and have since we moved here...lived in north carolina (in the south) and could find both dr pepper and mr pibb, guess its just where you look :)

I prefer diet myself, if I want a sugar high Id choose chocolate lol

Right now the "Anniversary" Dr. P is made with sugar and we buy our coke at Costco, they have mexican coke maf=de with real sugar in GLASS bottles. MMMmmm

Okay, I AM SO LOOKING FOR THAT AT COSTCO next time I go.

Regarding Mexico, I cannot explain it but the last couple of times I've had bottled Pepsi there (couldn't get Coke or DP) it tasted like dirt and I don't know why.

Trivia.

Several years ago Coca Cola twice tried to acquire Dr Pepper but the sale was blocked by the Federal Trade Commission. Anti trust statutes were quoted.

Shortly afterwards Dr Pepper did merge with 7UP. The fact they have been acquired by the Snapple group is true.

Also several years back Dr Pepper sucessfully sued Coca Cola for trademark infringement when they introduced a "Pepper" style drink called "Peppo". The drink was later re-named Mr.Pibb.

Although Snapple does not have an exclusive line of bottling agreements it is bottled by both Coca Cola and Pepsi under contract. However Coke does have distribution rights to Dr Pepper in the USA.

So what does this have to do with cruising? Not a thing, but its interesting.:D

Archived