Nightwind in St. Thomas

socrmom2

yes, i had looked at the website, i just hadn't seen any posts re: good or bad. we have 12 people so we thought it would be more fun to all go together, but didn't want 40 people. Nightwind seemed to fit that criteria. Do you know of them?

I appreciate your help.

• 2 weeks later...

great idea:) . Surely, someone on this board has sailed on the Nightwind. Captain Steve has been very responsive re: emails and phone calls. We've booked him for late June. I just wanted to hear other's experiences.

• 1 month later...

I left the prices at my office, but it wasn't any more expensive than the others. The Captain was very responsive to my emails. We have 12 people and didn't want to split up. It will be just our group sailing on the Nightwind.

We sailed on NIGHTWIND in early April. It was the BEST day of our cruise as far as I was concerned (love to sail). There were nine in our group. Steve and his first mate, Toni, were fabulous "hosts". As soon as we boarded, they stowed our gear, safety briefing, drinks and we were off. Went over to St. John and snorkeled by a small island. We were the only boat there. Great snorkeling When we got out of the water lunch was ready.....chicken, pasta salad, banana bread, etc. Then we were off to another snorkle spot. Could not have been a better day. The boat is a beautiful 1956 yawl. We would all recommend this trip.

We had our cab drivers # and called him when we were about and hour out from the marina. He was there waiting.

Many daysailers charge a discounted fare for cash payment so plan your cash accordingly. Do a google search to see photos and get more info.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your review! I was hoping to see a review before we sailed. Twelve of us have booked the Nightwind in June. Captain Steve has been very responsive and we are really looking forward to it.

Archived