Will be in St John on 9/22/10 - nd advice re: St Martins low/high tide

Hello,

As you may have gathered from my post title, I will be in St John next Wednesday on the Caribbean Princess. I am thinking about renting a car and driving into St Martins to walk on the ocean floor/see the sea caves.

According to some tide charts I googled, low tide is at 6:05AM and high tide is at 12:16PM, atlantic time.

The ship is scheduled to dock at 8AM - I assume this is eastern time, which is 9AM atlantic time. Even assuming the ship docks on time and we are first off and get our rental car right away, because of the hour long drive......I am thinking we will not make it to St Martins in time to walk on the ocean floor - there are just too many factors in play here, the most important of which is the time of the tide predictions, based on what I. Have read on this board - can anyone confirm if this makes sense, or is there some chance we can make it? Can anyone confirm if the tide times are correct?

Also, if we can't do this, is there anything else we can do/that is a can't miss at this port?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

As you may have gathered from my post title, I will be in St John next Wednesday on the Caribbean Princess. I am thinking about renting a car and driving into St Martins to walk on the ocean floor/see the sea caves.

According to some tide charts I googled, low tide is at 6:05AM and high tide is at 12:16PM, atlantic time.

The ship is scheduled to dock at 8AM - I assume this is eastern time, which is 9AM atlantic time. Even assuming the ship docks on time and we are first off and get our rental car right away, because of the hour long drive......I am thinking we will not make it to St Martins in time to walk on the ocean floor - there are just too many factors in play here, the most important of which is the time of the tide predictions, based on what I. Have read on this board - can anyone confirm if this makes sense, or is there some chance we can make it? Can anyone confirm if the tide times are correct?

Also, if we can't do this, is there anything else we can do/that is a can't miss at this port?

Thanks for your help!

You dock at 8:00 AM local time (Atlantic). It will be too rushed if you want to "walk ocean floor" and explore sea caves. If you stay in SJ, don't rent a car - explore ship area on foot. Only go to Reversing Falls if you are doing a thrill ride - jet boat ride through rapids or ziplining.

Archived