Anyone Live from Freedom of the Seas?

RadMom43

Not live, but just returned. Boarded Sept. 12th. The captain tried to get us to St. Martin, but the ship did not dock, due to hitting the pier. The captain said damage would have been done to ship and pier. He also said beaches were closed due to swells. We ended up having another sea day. We did go to Coco Cay and to St. Thomas. This was the most active I have seen the sea. Lots of white caps. The had white bags on the stair case for those who got sick. Items on the desk in our cabins had shifted many times.

Not live, but just returned. Boarded Sept. 12th. The captain tried to get us to St. Martin, but the ship did not dock, due to hitting the pier. The captain said damage would have been done to ship and pier. He also said beaches were closed due to swells. We ended up having another sea day. We did go to Coco Cay and to St. Thomas. This was the most active I have seen the sea. Lots of white caps. The had white bags on the stair case for those who got sick. Items on the desk in our cabins had shifted many times.

We missed St Thomas and St Martin two weeks before you, they sent us west instead. They sure are having a rough time with the Eastern Caribbean right now.

Yup, live here while emails send out (silly slow internet)...seas were pretty rough last night leaving Port Canaveral (lots of people sick, but I've been through worse), but have settled down a lot. Weather is warm and wonderful!

We just returned yesterday also, It was rougher than normal for the Caribbean, but not terrible. I sure missed St. Martin. I have been waiting for 5 years to go back, and all I saw was about 5 minutes of the pier. Better safe than sorry however.

The Freedom is such a beautiful ship. I really enjoyed this cruise, and can't wait for the next one!

We just got back from Freedom , sailed out on the 12th sept , like others have said the seas were quite choppy but i didnt feel at all sick , just had to watch my balance evry now and then lol.Freedom is a beautiful ship and you will have a great time no matter what , was lucky we got to see CocoCay and St Thomas ,and just enjoyed the ship the rest of the time .

Kristen: Thanks for the update. Makes me feel a lot better. We have some first time cruisers in our group and I just don't want to have them completely turned off of cruising. Any updates you can send our way would be great! Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Have a wonderful and calm cruise.

We got off the Freedom on 9/12 (western) and my husband and kids (9 and 11) were hoping for rough weather to get the ship, as the call it, rocking and rolling. Thank God we had perfect weather during the day, and for the first three or four nights, we had lots of rain and wind, but nothing to make the ship move. Unlike me, my boys and husband do not get seasick! Glad you had a good time anyway!

Yes. Hoping to make all of our ports. It looks as though there is no hurricane activity right now. Let's hope it stays that way. I'm also hoping it's not raining every second. There is a group of 24 of us and some first time cruisers, so hopefully, everything works out perfectly. Have a safe trip to Port Canaveral. We're coming in from San Diego the day before.

Archived