Port of miami

liberty080208

Hi Everyone

I am booking a Celebrity cruise that leaves Port of Miami on 12/26 at 4:30. I am booking travel and trying to decide between leaving 12/25 late in the day and staying the night, or flying early 12/26 and arriving around 10 a.m. Would like feedback from anyone who has recently sailed out of POM, as far as inexpensive hotel (for only sleeping, as we would arrive around 10 pm) or arrival the day of the cruise and difficulty in getting transportation to the POM from the Airport (taxi, etc.) easy access? Also not sure about how embarkation works for Celebrity, have never sailed before (RCCL Platinum) so I want to be sure we get there early enough.:D

Thanks!

Most including myself recommend flying in a day early. The LaQuinta East on LeJuene is a favorite of mine, and they have a free shuttle to the port. Just sing up at the front desk at check-in. The rates for your stay is $95.00 plus taxes, but if you have AAA, it'll be cheaper.

Fly in the day before. I have read too many horror stories about bad weather to airline nightmares causing people to miss the ship. Besides, going through the cruise terminal is similar to checking in for a flight, getting boarding pass, going through security, hurrying up to wait. I can't imagine doing that twice in one day:eek:

Christmas is going to be murder for a decent rate. I would check the Embassy Suites Airport. They have a Fly, Sleep, Cruise deal, with transportation from the airport, free breakfast, manager's reception and transportation to POM. The rate I've seen is $159 for everything, but double check, holidays are always an exception.

Archived