cave tubing in belize

mewshady

cavetubing.com Yanni was great and made sure we were back in time.We had herd that the carnival excursion was not as good so we went with Yanni and had the time of our lives .It was so much fun and the cashew wine is a must on the bus ride up to the cave.Then we had lunch on the way back and it was good also.Have fun and anyone that has been with Yanni knows he is the best at what they do!Haver fun!

cave-tubing.com... Jhonny is THE MAN.. book the combo tour its awesome.

I had some reservations about my 58 year old mother doing the ATV portion, but he had her up to speed and scooting around in no time flat! Plus, they took extra care with her during the cave tubing, one of the guides carried her tube for her on the long walk to the entrance (she has a bad hip). If I go back to Belize, I'll be booking with them for sure

Cavetubing.com were brilliant. The guides carried some of the ladies tubes and really looked after us. We felt very safe with them, and they also had to rescue some of the people who were with another outfit, and were left to float by themselves. This other group had children with them and were not told about the plants on the edges which could cut you badly. We also did the ATV's as a combined trip, and this was so much fun. would recommend Yhony and his crew to anyone, and I'm a 61 year old woman.

I try not to endorse anything anymore because I have found that I can not please everyone all the time, but in this case, I have to give a shout out for cave-tubbing dot com. Yhani and his crew gave us the best time imaginable and compared to friends who have used other excursions and the ship's excursion, he is hands down the winner!

Anoither recommendation for the fabulous time we had with cave-tubing.com!! The web page and email we recieved after reserving our spots said lunch was an additional $6., but the day we were there they threw the lunch in for FREE!!! I think it might have been because a large part of that tour did the combo with the ATV rides. We just did the cave tubing part and the chicken/rice/beans lunch was DELICIOUS!!:D

Anoither recommendation for the fabulous time we had with cave-tubing.com!! The web page and email we recieved after reserving our spots said lunch was an additional $6., but the day we were there they threw the lunch in for FREE!!! I think it might have been because a large part of that tour did the combo with the ATV rides. We just did the cave tubing part and the chicken/rice/beans lunch was DELICIOUS!!:D

Yonni is the man!! Great experience

BUTTS UP

Quick question...???We are in the process of booking a cave tubing excursion in Belize for December 14 who offers a better tour/cave Tubing.com or Major Tom? Any input would be appreciated.

I will have to say neither is the best...that honor goes to cavetubing dot bz! Vitalino Reyes runs a great operation. Our tour with them in August was one of the highlights of our cruise! Our family of 7 had our own guide...Fabulous...yes that is his name! We were able to stop and see so many things on our walk to the caves while the large groups were rushed by us.

On the first picture you can see how much larger the cavetubing dot com group was (with the yellow tubes)...

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20667.JPG

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20691.JPG

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20726.JPG

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20740.JPG

We drove to the caves in an airconditioned van...the group from cavetubing dot com was in a huge motorcoach sized bus. During the drive Fabulous told us so much about the country of Belize...fascinating! After tubing we stopped at the home of Vitalino's sister and had a wonderful homemade lunch...included in the $45 fee.

Read some of the reviews on trip advisor dot com and see what people are saying about cavetubing dot bz. I don't think you can go wrong with this company!

Another thumbs up for Yhonni:D:D

DS says it was the best excursion we have ever done.

"Butts Up"

BTW the Carnival tour just let their people float freely and they were bumping into the walls and other people. We let a young girl that was crying form the carnival excursion hang onto us as we went down the river.

Three years ago we went with Major Tom and had a blast. The tubing was great but the high light of the trip for me was the drive back with the Major. He's retired from the Belize army and has 2 or 3 degrees. The whole way back he gave us a private history lesson on everything from the fall of the Aztecs to Belize history and languages. He's a gem and not to be missed, his operation is top notch.

Cave tubing is awesome and so is the zip lining. I just got back from it last week. We used Nacho and Cynthia they are independent. They are awesome. You will have a small group, and they will get you there before the lines form. Also, you will get a native lunch buffet included. So worth the money. They were our FAVORITE tour on our cruise...and we were scared to do both activities and they were so much fun. go to ncqadventures dot com to book with them. SO great!!!

We went with cavetubing.com did atvs adn got free lunch too! We saw the cavetubing.bz group. they were funny all decked out in helmets and all. as if they really needed them. Trust me the heat doesnt make my cowboy hat feel good let alone a helmet! they were only 4 people and they were cheezy acting. "dot biz biz dot biz biz" all teh way down teh rive! haha Cavetubing.com is definatly the best. They were doing this before it was a tourist destination. THey used to do it jsut for fun! :D NOBODY knows the caves like they do! You get a free shot of cashew wine too!

I booked with Yhony from cave-tubing.com for my visit on Aug. 24th 2010. He was sweet and nice and gets right back to you. It was a fun and memorable experience, however, please read if you want details that most others haven't given (I hit a huge rock and almost got injured so read if you want to know the risks).

The walk to the river is more like a hike and takes at least 35-45 min, not the advertised 25 min!!! You also walk over small rocks the whole way which is rough on the feet, so wear sneakers if you can instead of renting water shoes. You also have to carry your tube the whole way, and no one offered to carry our tubes like others have said. They also give you old, smelly life jackets that are uncomfortable once you get to the river.

Once we got to the river, the guys from cave-tubing.com strap you together in groups. I was put in the back of my group of 9 and they ran out of straps, so I was the only one not connected. To be honest, they seemed to be disorganized and some of them were stressed out/impatient and bickering. There really is no reason that with that many guides they ran out of straps...someone should have had extras. It's also important to know that they don't give you helmets like some other companies.

Most of the river was calm, but as we were approaching the 2nd cave, we hit much stronger currents. There was a huge rock on the right side, and because we only had one person guiding us in the front, he could not control the back of the group and my friend and I hit the rock head on. This caused me to be disconnected from the group and I was sent flying backward. The next thing I know, I am under the water...I was ejected from my tube head-first backward into the water. I was choking on water and couldn't breathe. Meanwhile, our guide had to leave the rest of the group and come and rescue me. I am adventurous and like to have an adrenaline rush, but one month later and my leg still hurts where I banged it! So please do your research and read up on all your options.

I do want to say that you can trust Yhony's staff with your stuff. Don't hesitate to leave stuff behind on the bus while you tube. Also, the lunch they give you is free (but small portions) and good, and the hut is beautiful. You will also get back to the port in plenty of time to catch your ship.

We went with cavetubing.com did atvs adn got free lunch too! We saw the cavetubing.bz group. they were funny all decked out in helmets and all. as if they really needed them. Trust me the heat doesnt make my cowboy hat feel good let alone a helmet! they were only 4 people and they were cheezy acting. "dot biz biz dot biz biz" all teh way down teh rive! haha Cavetubing.com is definatly the best. They were doing this before it was a tourist destination. THey used to do it jsut for fun! :D NOBODY knows the caves like they do! You get a free shot of cashew wine too!

Here is a quote from the cavetubing.bz website...if what they say is true it won't be long before ALL groups will be wearing helmets.

NICH and the Institute of Archaeology have instituted a series of new regulations for companies using Caves Branch for cave tubing tours. These will be enforced beginning November 1, but we happy to say we have already started complying with these new guidelines. Helmets are required, and tubes and life jackets must fulfill their requirements.

When you say "there were only 4 people" you make it sound like a negative thing. That was one reason we booked our tour in August through cavetubing.bz...we got a small, private, personalized tour! I can not say enough good things about Vitalino's operation and would definitely book with him again!

Archived