World club owner vs club ocean

parpar22

trying to understand the difference besides being in the front and back of the ship. layouts almost look identical... Is it worth 2500 extra for WCO vs CO??

The layouts are slightly different. The main difference is the placing of the bed - your feet are towards the sea in the Owners and your head is towards to sea in the Ocean Suite. The placement of the dining table and TV are also different in the two suites. [beware of looking at some of the photographs and floor plans on the website I pointed you to yesterday - a number are incorrectly named!] The Ocean Suite has a side window that the Owners Suite does not.

I have not been in an Ocean Suite but, on paper, I think that it is a nicer layout. There is now a much greater price differential between the two suites than when we booked both our cruises [past and future] but I would still choose the Owners Suite. The aft view is incredible. We have had a suite at the front of the ship on NCL and it can be very windy. I understand that motion is much more of a problem at the front of the ship. The motion proved a slight problem at the rear when we were on our final day of our cruise which made packing [bending over] extremely difficult. It was fine each time I retreated to the Mosaic Cafe mid-ships. I would not want to risk the front of the ship and more motion problems.

Hope that helps.

Sue

We've been in both. The view from the back is way better and far less windy. The front has more movement and much of your view is looking over the front of the ship. It's kind of fun watching the anchoring and docking process but not as great to see the sights. The back has a lot of noise but the front is much bumpier. The back has more window area and seems lighter than the front. But both are fantastic.

Did you have any days at sea? Our cruise has no days at sea just around Italian coast. Not sure how bumpy that can get.

The "bumpiest" part of our 24 days Singapore to Athens was the day spent crossing the Med. As I retreated to the Mosaic Cafe again, the Captain explained that it has more to do with the wave length than how choppy the sea is.

Sue

We're just off the Quest and sailing into Venice was bumpy! 50 knot winds and very high seas (fortunately that all stopped before we got into the lagoon). We did not win the bingo game and get the owner's suite, but they offered an "open house" to view the different cabins on our sea day so of course we checked them out. I think the Club Ocean is adequate in terms of space (not as large of a dressing/closet area as World Owner's but the bathrooms are identical and it's very nice), however I would prefer being aft instead of forward - even on the day we toured which was calm, the difference in motion was noticible, and the view from the World Owner's was much nicer.

Susan

Archived