Tell me about the "Serenity" area

MaiTaiMary

I will be on the Glory in Nov. On the Imagination, all my time was spent at the Serenity. Enjoyed it very much.

Just a few questions. On the Glory, the Clam Shell, do you sit up or can you lay down? Just wandering.

Will there be chair hogs? On a sea day, what time would you recommend to get up to grab a good spot?

I'm reading comments that on the Glory some of the chairs were broken. It would be a shame. I'm assuming the area is so big anyway.

Thanks in advance

We did not really have a problem with kids, I don't think we actually saw any in that area ever.

The chairs when we were on Glory were not broken, the clam shells were big enough for my wife to lay down, but my legs hung off ( I think more for sitting in a semi seated position).

Good luck getting one in prime time ( 10-17:00). The only time we ever got one was when we were leaving port at night and we just watched the lights on the island and had a couple drinks.

Great place BTW to watch a sunset.

I am okay that the Legend doesn't have a Serenity area. My daughter will be 30 days away from being 18 when we cruise. She likes more quiet areas, but we will be fine regardless - we will be on a cruise :D

I believe on the Dream that the age limit was 21 when we were on the ship

I was on the Paradise in July and loved the Serenity area. We were always able to find a seat, it was very quite, and I never saw any kids there. It was kind of out of the way so I don’t think many people knew about it. The drink servers there were great, however I did notice that there was a build up of half eaten food trays that sat there for several hours while we were docked.

I was on the Dream this past June - & though my fiance and I didn't spend too much time at Serenity since our 9 month old son was with us.. I didn't find Serenity to be too quiet and secluded considering it was directly behind Water Works. I think that was a major flaw in layout of the ship. They should of put the mini golf and basketball court near Water Works, and Serenity on the other side to create more of a serene atmosphere for those who enjoy it.

Archived