Celebrity Constellation Sky Suite or VA aft side cabin

Suzi4

Hello everyone,

This is my 1st Celebrity cruise and I was wondering if I am crazy to pass up a Sky Suite for and VA aft side cabin. I love aft cabins and the balcony on this cabin is wonderful because it shows the side and back view, but the Sky Suite is less cost and offers more. Not sure what to do and have to make my mind up ASAP.

I was wondering if any of you have any thoughts on this. Never sailing with Celebrity before and not knowing what the Sky Suite really means to me. Other ships I have been on I wasnt very impressed with the suite perks.

I think it is important to tell, the price on the VA aft is around $800 more.

Any advice, I would be ever so thankful.

Thank you!

Suzi

Well, this is everything you get with the Suite, so you have to figure out if it's worth the $$ to you personally. Also exactly which Suite and location might make a big difference to you as well. http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do;jsessionid=0000JeIhh380d0h2KiY767gJClz:12hdebdrn?br=C&cabinType=SS&cabincls=D&shipCode=CS

I always love an aft but I also love the suite life when I can afford it so it would depend on the itinerary and how much I'll be on the aft vs on shore. They do have 2 aft Sky Suites on the Penthouse Deck. Hope that helps.

If you are on a cruise with scenery while sailing, like Alaska, or if you will be spending a lot of time on your balcony, I would definitely stay with the FV. The balcony is the best and the cabins are great too. If there isn't a lot to be seen, I might be tempted to take the Sky Suite for the difference in money, however you'll end up paying more for the butler.

There are no aft Sky Suites on M-Class ships.

Thank you all very much, I have more questions if you all could be so kind to help this blonde figure things out. (yeah, look out! I'm a pain)

It's a 7 day European cruise. One day at sea. Only a few pretty ports, maybe two, at the most three. Just a fyi on that.

My big question now is what in the world does "In-suite lunch & dinner service" mean? And "Complimentary 24-hour room service" In a VF room can I not get that? I don't understand, never been on a ship that didnt offer that to all, so I feel I am reading into something that is not so?

Thanks in advance for your help

You will have 24 hour room service regardless of your cabin class. Any cabin can also have dinner served from the dining room menu. The difference is that in suites the butler will actually set your table and serve your food course by course if you like. In a regular cabin they just bring everything at once.

Thank you very much!

It was not so clear to me, but now it is. Thank you for that.

I have to make a choice right away, going to sleep on it. I'm leaning toward the corner aft. I love the aft so much and having the corner is almost a no brainer for me. Never sailing X before I wanst sure if I was giving up something great by not taking the suite for less.

Again, thank you!

You're very welcome. On the M-Class ships, the FV cabins are really nicer than the Sky Suites with the exception of the bathroom. Constellation is M-Class.

The Solstice Class ship's Sky Suites are much nicer cabins than regular cabins, but the FVs on these ships are really huge, with two bedrooms. The balconies, however, are not great in these FVs because they are at the front of the ship.

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy your first Celebrity cruise.:)

Ma Bell,

Thank you! I'm not going to sleep on it now, I'm taking the aft. Knowing more about the rooms help alot and I'll take the veiw over the suite. I was thinking one more plus would be less wind on the aft so I could enjoy it more at night and early AM coffee pulling in to port. Really excited! Taking my nephew on this trip, he's never been on a cruise nor to Europe. It will be a trip of many 1st. I'm thrilled! Thanks for your help!

I feel much better about spending the extra money now!

:) many thanks!

I think you made a good choice. One other good thing about your FV is there is a sliding partition between the sleeping area and the seating area. There are also TVs in both areas (at least there were before the recent cabin remodels) so if one wants to stay up a little later than the other it's easier.

Archived