Oceana - Acapulco to Barbados in January

Nottslass41

It's difficult to say really. We always used to have a balcony cabin but seem to hardly use the balcony so for our next cruise we're saving money and having an inside. I was always worried an inside would be too claustrophobic but our kids had one on the last cruise and it was very nice.

We spend too much time out and about on the ship and hardly any time in the cabin. I did stand out on the balcony for some sailaways but in the end felt I was missing out on all the fun on deck.

Hiya

Im newbie to this forum, going to Acapulco to Barbados next year has anyone got any tips, its our first time cruising?

We have booked inside room, would it be worth spending more on a balcony??

Thanks in advance

Ange

It is nice to have your own private bit of fresh, sea air with a balcony. It seems a shame to be surrounded by the sea and not be able to see it or breathe it in from your own little quiet space.

We really enjoy sitting on the balcony late afternoon with a glass of wine and a book. Also, having room service breakfast as you watch all the goings on when you arrive in port is priceless.

I suppose it's down to budget and how you want to spend your time on the ship. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise, regardless. :)

Hi Ange

We've had balcony,large outside,outside and inside staterooms.

For us it's all to do with the price. When we had balcony, my husband was still working so we treated ourselves on the hols we did have.

Since he got early retirement, we want to have as many cruises and other hols as possible so always go for the best deal.

As Arthurstance mentioned, if you have a balcony you can miss out on the fun as you do tend to try and make the most of your space.

Inside cabins are fine -you only need to be in there to shower,dress and sleep! And the sleep is good with no light or noise to wake you (especially when we're arriving at a port in the early morning!)

You will have a great time. It's wonderful arriving in Acapulco and seeing the ship for the first time.

Enjoy!

Caryl

Thanks for replies, I rang p&o this morning we wont be having a balcony after all they only got mini suites left, we could have another cruise for that money.

Im really looking forward to going.

No doubt i will be back asking some more questions when i think of them:D

thanks again

Ange

We are doing this cruise but our first day:D will be your last:(. We fly to Barbados and fly back to the UK from Acapulco. We've done a few cruises, but never had a balcony - only inside. We don't spend enough time in there to warrant the extra it costs. Another thing to bear in mind, we visited a friend's cabin, with a balcony, and they didn't use it, as the people, below and either side were smokers, and the smoke wafted over!!:eek:

We did this cruise last year : from Acapulco to Barbados. It was brilliant.

We had an inside on the lido deck- so very close to the outside.

We spend hardly any time in our cabin- sleep, wash, change and prefer to cruise more often then have a balcony. Our next is in a few days and will be our fourth this year and all have been in inside cabins.

It is a matter of personal preference of course.

You'll enjoy it wherever you are. The canal is incredible. Wish we were doing it again this year!!

Susan

Archived