Radiance, Suites and Teens????

Kids hang out. They hang out at the arcade. They hang out in the teen disco. They hang out at the RCW, and not all "are in line".

Right, so making a RCW reservation gives the kids more time to hang out with each other.

Thanks for the tip.

Kids hang out. They hang out at the arcade. They hang out in the teen disco. They hang out at the RCW, and not all "are in line".

Right, so making a RCW reservation gives the kids more time to hang out with each other.

Thanks for the tip.

And making reservations for the kids takes away their independence of making decisions for themselves.:rolleyes:

Actually they would make their own reservations, but whatever.

It's just a rock wall. Most of the time there is no line anyway so making a reservation would no big deal. I've never actually done it, but it sounds like a great option.

How much do you pay the head waiter to cut your meat and vegetables?

Funny you should mention that.

We actually have the concierge arrange to have our dinner served on the balcony. We like the GS since the balconies are larger than the OS.

If you get a suite you can order right off the regular dinner menu. We don't mind going to the dining room once in a while but the balcony is a nice option if you don't want to deal with the herd at the feed trough.

And if you don't realize by now that I'm just busting you balls then you really do need a cruise. Relax and try not to fixate on what everyone else is doing with their own money.

I might actually book the Explorer on 6/23 too. I’ll be the guy standing at the front of the RCW line, wearing my complimentary RCL robe, being fed steak by the head waiter, and sipping my complimentary cocktail from the concierge lounge. See you there!!:D

I might actually book the Explorer on 6/23 too. I’ll be the guy standing at the front of the RCW line, wearing my complimentary RCL robe, being fed steak by the head waiter, and sipping my complimentary cocktail from the concierge lounge. See you there!!:D

If you want to see me I will be sitting at the side of the pool with a beer in hand.

Wow!!!

I had no idea my questions, and then getting an answer I was excited about and wanted to share would cause such an uproar.

Let me say a few things, this is not malicious in any way. Just factual.

I have always been in an inside cabin because of cost. This is my FIRST time to have a suite. I am a single visually disabled mom on a limited income. My kids have always had to do without because of this.

I save for two years to go on a cruise. This is the time again, and I chose to save a little harder this time to give my kids some things they rarely get.

I knew what the general perks were, but I wanted to make sure there was something that interested my kids regarding the perks.

Not having to search for my kids in line at the RCW, is not rubbing it in anyone's faces. It is logistically better for me to be able to find them.

I will NOT make their reservations for them. They have been taught to think for themselves and be courteous to others. It will be their decision to use this perk or not. I like that they have an option. They may choose to use it or not, but atleast they get the option.

I never showed any malice towards people who had a suite when I was in an inside cabin. I got what I paid for, and that was fine.

But because of my vision, it was hard to see the shows. It was hard to find a spot on deck to sun by the pool (let alone anywhere on deck)

So you know what, I saved extra hard this time so I could have perks too to benefit me.

But I thought it was kinda dumb to pay for 3 people if only one was truly getting any perks. Now I know they have some too.

This works for me.

It is not BRAGGING in any way shape or form. It is simply the fact that I found out it is available, and let others know because they might want to know too.

So Johneeo,

I am sorry you have such a tainted view of the world. I hope whatever issues you have will fade away. Some people in the suites are not rich stuck up snobs. Some of us needed them and the perks to enjoy what you take for granted so easily by being able to see the shows from the back of the room (I barely see them from the front) to be able to spot an open deck chair on a crowded ship (the concierge will probably have to lead me to my seat).

There are those who are worse off than you, we just decide it is worthwhile to plan differently. I hope this eases your tension so you can enjoy your cruise and life ahead.

Namaste,

Deborah

Archived