Just off the Dream-Horrible cigar smell from room next door

cruisin again

Wow. This is certainly another blatant example of a government passing laws to protect people from their own stupidity.

Sad, really.

Regardless of how you feel about these laws, I don't think the purpose of them is to protect smokers "from their own stupidity," but rather to protect the interests and well being of non-smokers.

Yeah... they are passing laws and adding taxes to smokers really quickly. Some of you are probably really happy about that... but hold on to your britches folks.... you let the gov in and you may very well be having your own personal vices challenged. A few examples...

If you wanted to open you own little pub or bar.. you cant even decide if you want smokers or not.. its your business, but someone has seen fit to dictate how you may run it.

Our children dont even say the pledge anymore because it offended some.

In alot of county/city jobs you are not allowed to smoke..not even in your own home.. on your own personal time. If I worked for one of those I would get an attorney and fight to be paid around the clock since they feel they can dictate my life around the clock.

They have pulled the soda's out of many machines here in schools... uhmm hello... have they not seen the sugar content in the juices and some vitamin drinks they now want offered...not to mention the carb laden meals they serve for lunches.

Some idiot has now taken the task of trying to eliminate the McD's happy meal toy..because little Johnny and little Besty are getting too pudgy for the age of 5..and they think its the toy that is drawing little J and B to go to McD's.. so instead of letting little J's and lil B's mommies decide they want to just take them off the market across the board.

Perhaps there will be an added tax on disposable diapers...perhaps its better for all of us if you only use cloth... and a juice tax.. and a sugar tax... and a salon tax.. and well you get my gist.

So beware..you keep asking for gov to change the rules and they may very well change one you dont agree with.

Yeah... they are passing laws and adding taxes to smokers really quickly. Some of you are probably really happy about that... but hold on to your britches folks.... you let the gov in and you may very well be having your own personal vices challenged. A few examples...

If you wanted to open you own little pub or bar.. you cant even decide if you want smokers or not.. its your business, but someone has seen fit to dictate how you may run it.

In alot of county/city jobs you are not allowed to smoke..not even in your own home.. on your own personal time. If I worked for one of those I would get an attorney and fight to be paid around the clock since they feel they can dictate my life around the clock.

They have pulled the soda's out of many machines here in schools... uhmm hello... have they not seen the sugar content in the juices and some vitamin drinks they now want offered...not to mention the carb laden meals they serve for lunches.

Some idiot has now taken the task of trying to eliminate the McD's happy meal toy..because little Johnny and little Besty are getting too pudgy for the age of 5..and they think its the toy that is drawing little J and B to go to McD's.. so instead of letting little J's and lil B's mommies decide they want to just take them off the market across the board.

Perhaps there will be an added tax on disposable diapers...perhaps its better for all of us if you only use cloth... and a juice tax.. and a sugar tax... and a salon tax.. and well you get my gist.

So beware..you keep asking for gov to change the rules and they may very well change one you dont agree with.

Very Well Said!~ Sadly I suspect many anti-smoker do gooder zealots are too stupid to understand what you are saying.

Regardless of how you feel about these laws, I don't think the purpose of them is to protect smokers "from their own stupidity," but rather to protect the interests and well being of non-smokers.

I'm a big boy. I am capable of deciding where i want to eat, drink and be merry. I'm perfectly able to investigate an establishment and determine if I want to enter it and deal with smoke. No government has any mandate to be telling a business owner that he may not allow smoking in his establishment. I'm a business owner. I'm not a smoker. I am TOTALLY opposed to any gummint agency deciding that I may not allow smoking.

I AM in favor of that same gummint mandating a no-smoking policy in government buildings. I have a choice whether to enter a restaurant. I have no choice in regards to entering those government buildings.

There is no right to a smoke-free environment in privately owned establishments. The people who are so high-stinkin'-proud of getting smoking banned in private establishments are gonna wake up one day and wonder where in the hell their rights went.

By the way, the thread title as regards 'obnoxious cigar smoke smell'?

ALL cigar smoke is obnoxious. There is no such thing as non-obnoxious cigar smoke.

A lot of people are too lazy and stupid to run their own lives and they've allowed their government to take over a lot of decisions that they should be making for themselves. We could solve a lot of budgetary problems by taxing stupidity.

I'm a big boy. I am capable of deciding where i want to eat, drink and be merry. I'm perfectly able to investigate an establishment and determine if I want to enter it and deal with smoke. No government has any mandate to be telling a business owner that he may not allow smoking in his establishment. I'm a business owner. I'm not a smoker. I am TOTALLY opposed to any gummint agency deciding that I may not allow smoking.

I AM in favor of that same gummint mandating a no-smoking policy in government buildings. I have a choice whether to enter a restaurant. I have no choice in regards to entering those government buildings.

There is no right to a smoke-free environment in privately owned establishments. The people who are so high-stinkin'-proud of getting smoking banned in private establishments are gonna wake up one day and wonder where in the hell their rights went.

By the way, the thread title as regards 'obnoxious cigar smoke smell'?

ALL cigar smoke is obnoxious. There is no such thing as non-obnoxious cigar smoke.

I made absolutely no argument for or against anti-smoking ordinances. My only point was that I believe that the purpose of these laws has nothing to do with protecting smokers "from their own stupidity."

These laws don't come out of nowhere, incidentally. They are largely put in place by elected officials. When people don't like the laws their representatives are imposing, they need to speak with their votes.

I made absolutely no argument for or against anti-smoking ordinances. My only point was that I believe that the purpose of these laws has nothing to do with protecting smokers "from their own stupidity."

These laws don't come out of nowhere, incidentally. They are largely put in place by elected officials. When people don't like the laws their representatives are imposing, they need to speak with their votes.

Not protecting the smokers. Protecting the non-smokers who are too stupid to eschew going to places that allow it.

If voting changed anything, they wouldn't let us vote.

Very Well Said!~ Sadly I suspect many anti-smoker do gooder zealots are too stupid to understand what you are saying.

LOL.......not a zealot (personally, although I do agree there are some ;))

BUT...calling a non smoker 'stupid'....

Think just a little about what you're saying before you say stuff like that.

What about the people who smoke cigars and pipes because they enjoy the taste, etc?

I don't smoke cigars because I HAVE to. I smoke them because I enjoy it. It's relaxing and I enjoy the flavors/taste of the cigar and my pipe.

When I went on the Freedom earlier this year we had a balcony cabin and I smoked on it a few times but did more smoking in the cigar bar than anything.

I would have had no problem not smoking at a certain time or whatever the case may have been if somebody was considerate and polite about asking me.

On the other hand, if you are rude about it then I truly couldn't care less.

Sorry, we have been on a B2B....

They make Cigars as well now....different flavors....so again win/win!!!

(I miss my Dad's pipe. He always smoked Albert in the Can and it smelled WONDERFUL!!) If he was living, he would be 105....

Hey Cigar Dude!!!

Looks like it will keep going like the energizer bunny. You will start a whole new war with that news flash....lol

Enjoyed having a smoke with you on the Victory a couple years ago maybe we will get a chance to have another one together sometime....I think we are looking at a B2B on the Freedom in Aug this year

This thread is still around??? :confused:

Newsflash: Carnival allows cigars on their ships; balconies, cigar bars, starboard side of outdoor decks, and your room.

Case closed.

I was thinking the same thing! LOL!

Oh yeah, and some lady complained to John Heald the other day about him smoking a cigar....in the CIGAR BAR!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: I mean, seriously?!?!:rolleyes:

How in the world did we all survive days gone by when nearly EVERYONE smoked, and smoked nearly EVERYWHERE... hosptial rooms, grocery stores, stadiums, hotels, business offices, you name it. I know that's not the way of the world any longer, but smoking is allowed in cabins & balconies on most Carnival ships, so I guess we all just need to suck it up (pardon the pun) & deal with it. :D

We didn't.:p We miscarried more babies, hospitalized one another with asthma, emphysema, cancer et all and died younger and sicker than we do now.

give it time. One more generation or two and smoking will disappear on cruise ships too. Until then, we all just need to hold our breath and do our best to avoid it.

(memo to me: Starboard on the Dream next year)

Protecting the non-smokers who are too stupid to eschew going to places that allow it.
Are you calling me stupid because I want to use the balcony I paid for? :p

You know the difference between me and a smoker? I don't have a habit that sends a stinky smell from my balcony to yours :D So enjoy the taste of your breakfast at sunrise, or the aroma of a fine glass of wine at sunset. Maybe get a nice tan and enjoy the smell of the fresh sea air.

RubyPrincess2010345.jpg

Are you calling me stupid because I want to use the balcony I paid for? :p

You know the difference between me and a smoker? I don't have a habit that sends a stinky smell from my balcony to yours :D So enjoy the taste of your breakfast at sunrise, or the aroma of a fine glass of wine at sunset. Maybe get a nice tan and enjoy the smell of the fresh sea air.

RubyPrincess2010345.jpg

Mark, please do not bring Princess Caribe deck balconies into a Carnival smoking thread, it will only confuse matters.

:confused: Johns blog??...perhaps you haven't noticed....John loves his cigars:)

Well it suddenly makes sense that a Carnival big-wig loves to smoke so that is why policy is what it is.

Bottom line: second hand smoke harms innocent bystanders. Smokers want to turn this into a political rights issue where government will continue to take more rights away if we let them and we will all be crying about that but hello YOU ARE NEGATIVELY EFFECTING OTHER PEOPLES HEALTH WITH YOUR HABIT THAT YOU ARE NOT INTELLIEGENT ENOUGH TO REALIZE THAT IT WILL PROBABLY KILL YOU SOMEDAY.

Report me again if it makes you feel better:)

Well it suddenly makes sense that a Carnival big-wig loves to smoke so that is why policy is what it is.

Bottom line: second hand smoke harms innocent bystanders. Smokers want to turn this into a political rights issue where government will continue to take more rights away if we let them and we will all be crying about that but hello YOU ARE NEGATIVELY EFFECTING OTHER PEOPLES HEALTH WITH YOUR HABIT THAT YOU ARE NOT INTELLIEGENT ENOUGH TO REALIZE THAT IT WILL PROBABLY KILL YOU SOMEDAY.

Report me again if it makes you feel better:)

John doesn't make the rules...the beards do that:rolleyes:

zzzz-0027a.gif

John doesn't make the rules...the beards do that:rolleyes:

zzzz-0027a.gif

You know, I keep seeing the term "beards" used to describe the Carnival executives. I always thought a "beard" was a straight person who dates a gay person in order to fool people into believing the gay person is straight. And a "suit" is a term used to designate the executives who dictate corporate policy.

Is "beard" the new "suit?"

You know, I keep seeing the term "beards" used to describe the Carnival executives. I always thought a "beard" was a straight person who dates a gay person in order to fool people into believing the gay person is straight. And a "suit" is a term used to designate the executives who dictate corporate policy.

Is "beard" the new "suit?"

I guess in John's terms it is;):D

I was thinking the same thing! LOL!

Oh yeah, and some lady complained to John Heald the other day about him smoking a cigar....in the CIGAR BAR!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: I mean, seriously?!?!:rolleyes:

He talked about it on his blog today.

i have NEVER smelled an obnoxious cigar!

Archived