Carnival Freedom 9-11 Review with lots of pictures!!

aly2445

Thank you for taking the time, we are sailing her in January. I, too, haunt these boards and soak everything up before sailing, but I have yet to post a review. Your photos are great! Soon, you'll be counting down your next cruise.

~Deb

Hey Aly - great review and I really love it when the reviews include pics and yours are great!!

I will be sailing on the Freedom in May 2011, so I have a lot of days to get through before then!!

I have sailed on the Liberty twice, which is a sister ship so I will kind of know my way around but of course the decor is way different and it was nice seeing that.

Two things I wanted to mention to you - I also can suffer from motion sickness and have had the sleepyness effect of the meds and did try the patch once but still felt the motion and I have read about some nasty side effects. The past two cruises and now everytime I fly, I take ginger tablets - just the kind you find in health food stores. I had read here on CC that they really help for motion sickness and THEY DO. I never once had any problem!! and no side effects from them either.

The other thing to mention is that while the balcony is great - if cost is a factor and you are able to cruise more often if you take a lesser category, then do. I loved my balcony rooms but the last time I was on the LIberty I had smokers on either side of me and ended up hardly using the balcony! I have since been in inside rooms and porthole rooms and they have been great!!! If in an inside room, just keep the TV on the channel that shows the front of the ship - at night it will be dark and you can then see when morning has arrived!!!Just something to keep in mind!!

You are so nice to post all of these pics for us "future cruisers" on the Freedom to enjoy. I look forward to seeing what you have to share. It really lifts my excitement even higher. Thanks for sharing.

You and your hubby are the cutest couple. I know you had a great time. Do not let those commenting about your young age bother you. Enjoy it! Beleive me, when you get my age you will wish people thought you were "too young". HA! :p Thanks again. I hope you have many cruises in your future!:D

now time for just pictures!

for those of you who have never been to NYC-you must visit! I've been a few times just for the day but this was my first time staying overnight. I LOVED it! Most of the clothing stores and etc are open past midnight if you're a big shopper like me! There are so many lights in times square, you would never know what time it is without your watch or cell phone. But I loved it because usually when it starts getting dark out, I just want bed. But since it seemed like 900 all night, I just wanted to stay awake all night!

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

This was taken from Bubba Gump Shrimp Co (really good restaurant!)

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

oh and during our dinner-our waiter did trivia of Forest Gump with us and the BF and I got 100% correct. I guess we're a little obsessed with the movie!

Posh Dining Room (both levels seen)

DSC00649.jpg

Lido (don't mind the guy staring at the camera-I have no idea who he was lol)

DSC00651.jpg

Looking down from the Lido deck 9

DSC00653.jpg

seats in the Victoriana Lounge

DSC00663.jpg

the stage

DSC00664.jpg

Our Cabin number just in cased someone missed it!

DSC00667.jpg

what our room looked like looking in from our balcony

DSC00726-1.jpg

the balcony chairs and table

DSC00728.jpg

movies up on the lido-it was the Princess and the Frog the first night

DSC00739.jpg

the whale tail

DSC00742.jpg

area of the lido buffet

DSC00758.jpg

lido restaurant

DSC00759.jpg

for those of you who want to know what the pizza looked like

DSC00761.jpg

some breakfast foods-

DSC00767.jpg

chocolate muffin and croissant

DSC00770.jpg

our Embarktion Photo

DSC00783.jpg

the slide at night (theres also a pool and hot tub right next to it)

DSC00798.jpg

70s disco

DSC00800.jpg

Archived