Summit Cabin 9193

Decoydonna

Hello,

When we booked the cruise we booked a 2A on vista deck for the Summit out of PR at the end of October. When the prices dropped significantly in the 2A category, we called our TA and Celebrity and because we were paid in full and within a few weeks of sailing they could not give us the lower price. They offered us a guarantee concierge cabin with an extra $50 OBC. We never, never book guarantee, but decided to give it a try this time. I just received by room assignment, Cabin 9193, on Sky Deck and I not sure I'm happy with it. I don't mind the overhang but I have other concerns about this room. If any one can offer any info on the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Can anyone tell me if there is a lot of vibration on the back of this boat?

2. Will we we experience smoke/fumes from the back of the boat?

3. It looks like we are above the Waterfall Grill. How noisy will it be?

4. Lastly, can we call our TA or Celebrity and request another room even though this was a guarantee room?

Thank you kindly.

Hello,

When we booked the cruise we booked a 2A on vista deck for the Summit out of PR at the end of October. When the prices dropped significantly in the 2A category, we called our TA and Celebrity and because we were paid in full and within a few weeks of sailing they could not give us the lower price. They offered us a guarantee concierge cabin with an extra $50 OBC. We never, never book guarantee, but decided to give it a try this time. I just received by room assignment, Cabin 9193, on Sky Deck and I not sure I'm happy with it. I don't mind the overhang but I have other concerns about this room. If any one can offer any info on the following questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Can anyone tell me if there is a lot of vibration on the back of this boat?

2. Will we we experience smoke/fumes from the back of the boat?

3. It looks like we are above the Waterfall Grill. How noisy will it be?

4. Lastly, can we call our TA or Celebrity and request another room even though this was a guarantee room?

Thank you kindly.

I've not sailed in an aft cabin before either so I don't know about the vibrations or smoke/fumes. I checked the deck plans and you are actually below the Waterfall Grill. Some people say they don't hear anything being below a restaurant or that it doesn't bother them. Others (like me) don't like being below a restaurant. I was on a cruise a few years ago in a suite right below the Windjammer Cafe and we heard food carts being moved and chairs scraping. It wasn't terrible, but noticeable when we were awake during the day. At night, it didn't seem to bother us.

Hope this helps and we hope you have a great cruise! We love cruising and are looking forward to our next one in December (12/11/2010) on the Celebrity Summit.

When you get back from your cruise be sure to submit a review.

Happy Sailing! ;) :) :D

In general terms, when you reserve a guarantee cabin, once you receive your cabin assignment you can change to any other cabin in the identical category with no hassle whatsoever. The trick is finding the other available cabins. If you go to sea scanner dot com you can see a larger variety of cabins than show up on the X website.

Hope this helps!

Such a small world.

I was in Cabin 9193 on the Summit for the early September Maine-Canada cruise.

It's a fine cabin. . .excellent veranda, quiet, no engine noise, no smoke or fumes or vibration, an attentive first-class cabin staff and, being well aft, not a lot of foot traffic past the door.

If I had a choice, I'd book the cabin again.

Enjoy,

Scotlad

We were aft on the Summit left Feb, as we're some friends right beside us. The only negative was some noise of chairs being moved around on the teak deck right above us in the mornings before breakfast, and late evenings when the aft bar closed. This was not enough to annoy us, though, just something we noticed. Did not see any window washing equipment anywhere along the back of the ship, so my guess is no to that question.

One bonus: when sitting on our balcony for cocktails at sailaway were were able to hear and enjoy the guitarist playing on the teak deck above us.

Archived