taxi from corfu airport to the spirit

snee

has any one got a taxi at the airport to the ship my wife somtimes has

trouble getting on and of buses i would be glad if some one would let

me know traveling 15th. oct. two weeks back to back

if so does it take you right to the checkin area

thank you all for any replies

Last month a taxi from the ship to the old town was 10 euros - for a 4/5 min trip. Needless to say we caught a bus for 1.20

The aiport by bus is about 15 minutes or so.

So your going to be paying around 20 euros each way as a rough guide. (which in these poor exchange rate times is about £19 each way)

Last month a taxi from the ship to the old town was 10 euros - for a 4/5 min trip. Needless to say we caught a bus for 1.20

When we visited the ship last month there were taxis hanging about ready for cruisers.... €10 to the Old Town is far too high!!!!

Plenty of taxis at the airport - but check your price before you get in.. say to the port - rather than 'cruise ship' - you'll probably get a better price! Parking right up close to the check-in building.

If getting the local bus it's very cheap - bus to 'Mandouki'.

We're on the Spirit on the 15th too!

We just returned yesterday from the same 2 wk b2b cruise on the Spirit, a Fantastic time lies ahead of you. Here are some random thoughts,

1. Unlike our former cruises on the Destiny, envelopes containing your boarding cards, health form and on board payment authorisation slip were given to us at the airport. There is a tiny stand near the baggage claim area. You report there. I would suggest that if you do intend to take a taxi - be sure to notify a Thomson rep. You wouldn't want to hold up a coach load of people because 2 people have appeared to gone missing.

I would agree with others in saying that you must agree a price before commencing the ride. You haven't said what difficulties your wife may have but bear in mind that if you do travel by taxi to the ship, it may take a bit more arranging to have one from the ship back to the airport.

2. Once you arrive at the port you will have to proceed to check in and have I.D photo's taken and hand in your forms. This building is roughly a 10-15 min. walk from the ship. There is a free shuttle bus (larger and easier to about in) that will drop you off at the ships entry.

3. Depending on the time your flight gets into Corfu, you may find it best to explore Old Corfu on the start of your second week. I would suggest the local bus. You have two options here. We actually walked outside the port gates and crossed the street. On your left will be a bus stop. I then discovered that we could have caught the same bus just insided the port gates ( on the left, in the parking area as your enter into the port). I think it's a sort of "end of the journey" point for them. They do not do return tickets so you will have to buy singles there and back. Not a problem.

4. Bear in mind that in doing a b2b you only have to do the lifeboat drill the first Saturday. We spent the second catching up on laundry. Laundry tokens can be purchased from reception at £2 each. They do furnish detergent and free dryers - no conditioner though. The machine says it takes 40min. but it's quicker than that.

5. Leaving Corfu is a miserable experience. It's small and not a lot of facilities. It does have a duty free, and a ..... snack bar... of sorts. We had hoped that we could buy a sandwich to take on the plane but was left with a puff pastry of feta cheese. On the morning of departure, I'd take an extra peice of fruit from the breakfast buffet to take with you.

6. Finally.... There is a lady who plays the piano in the lounge near the show theatre, her name is Gayle. She is very approachable. If you think of it, it would be nice if you could pass a message on to her from myself and my husband. The message is simply that we are sorry that we did not make it back to say our final goodbyes the night before our departure. We had meant to but something came up. You can tell her that the lady from Dayton, Ohio, USA and her husband said hello. She, like me, is from the USA. Gayle is the only American on the ship so we struck up a few conversations over our 2 wk stay. We feel bad that we have no way to make contact with her to apologise.

You both will have the time of your lives. If I can assist in any other way please email me.

Archived