Townsville Marina

Carmic

We will tender into Townsville from the Dawn Princess. Does anyone know where the tender will leave us off? We would like to catch the ferry over to Magnetic Island and was wondering if we could walk to catch the ferry or would we need to take a taxi?

Thanks,

Carol

Hi Carol, I used to work for the ferry company that did Maggy Isle. I'd suggest they would have a courtesy bus geared to pick you guys up, drop you to their terminal (scoot you across to Maggy) and same same to get you home. They did when I worked for them. They are pretty decent operators tourism wise.

Another suggestion for Tvlle is Palluma - which is rain forrest, up a mountain range. Awesome views and fab little cafe up there. Fresh water springs approx 1/2 up for a paddle :)

Billabong sanctuary is another idea. Great day there.

:) I hope you enjoy the ville - great place with history, the battle of the Coral Sea was fought off the coast of Tvlle, and with a lot of help from the USA (thanks guys :) )it was won by our side. Forts on Maggy are a reminder of that era. BUT the Ville is very friendly to Yanks because of their contribution to our freedom!

do you mean sunferries? If so that was who I was talking about. Some of my old work mates are still with that company.

Thanks Carol, you will just have to save your $$$ and come back :) V Australia (Virgin) do a decent sort of fair if you can grab their specials.

I do hope you enjoy your cruise here :) Have a great break and good holiday :)

Archived