Malaga things to do; excursions you can recommend?

kccpa

Hi Suz, I see your on our Liberty sailing Oct 29th, I am afraid the planned tour out of Malaga to Alhambra is already booked, although you might want to check with our RC which I have you down for and ask either Joyce or Marcia. Email me and I will send you their email address to see if you can possibly get on. Joyce is doing the Malaga to Costa Del So and Marcia is handling the one to Alhambra.

Gay

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from the Oceania Marina, which stopped for the day in Malaga. Although many folks went to the Alhambra, we wanted to relax that day, so I wound up contracting for a walking tour for six folks with Malaga Walks (malagawalkingtour.com) and working with Neil Hesketh for the half day tour.

Neil was an excellent guide, and his tour encompassed the modern city, business and shopping (including the food market, a local wine bar and various shop), the churches and local landmarks, then lunch (at a neighborhood tapas place). Afterwards, we went to the "history" side of town, where Neil walked us from Roman times forward. We ended the time in a local restaurant for wine (notice the recurring theme of food and wine...).

The tour was low-key, fun and very affordable. Neil is a British expat, and paces things well. I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a relaxing, informative day.

We were in Malaga last year. It is a beautiful city and is very walkable. Due to budget, we decided to do Malaga on our own and had a wonderful day.

We hiked up the Alcazaba fortress. Be warned though, the hike up is very steep and when coming back down, watch your footing. Definitely worth the view once you get up to the top.

the HOHO bus is great.

Archived