Melia? Nachi sold out! :(

tber

Hw who hestitates...does not get to spend the day at Nachi! We spent he day at nachi in February and had a great time but all sold out for our upcoming stop in Cozumel in November. Island marketing has suggested Melia for the day or Wyndham (but we have 2 teens and a child in tow)..Any comments? The prices are the same - I have checked out Melia in the Domnican and know they are generally great resorts. Can anyone advise the taxi time/cost to get there and reviews? Thanks!

On the Oasis November 4th I think it was? We were there in February on the Voayger and had a large crowd and was still outstanding! It was freezzing cold and could not go in the water so was a lot of eating and drinking going on - we did not have to wait nore than 2 minutes for them to come over and take care of us! Might not want to wait to book!

Melia gets great reviews as a resort on TripAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150809-d284334-Reviews-Melia_Cozumel_All_Inclusive_Golf_Beach_Resort-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I've been trying to find people who have been there with the AI day pass, but have not had any luck on these boards. It sounds perfect for families. We're interested in it because our ship doesn't arrive until 1:00 and Melia would give us one extra hour over Nachi since their pass lasts until 6pm. We were at Nachi last January and the hot tub was great since the water was freezing then, too! (Service WAS slower once the crowd arrived, though)

Here's a link to taxi fares - Melia is at the NW tip of Cozumel, so it actually looks closer to the ports than Nachi is.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/TAXICZM#TAXIFARES

If I had kids I wouldnt take them to Nachi anyway. I would take them to Paradise Beach or somewhere else that has some things geared for kids

I think that depends on what your kids like. I know our girls will be perfectly happy just lazing on the beach, swimming in the ocean and the pool etc., without anything more lively than that. That's why we have booked Nachi for next January.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the responses. We booked 11/4 at Melia and excited about it! I will be sure to post reviews - we have an 8, 12 and 13 year old in tow. They all loved Nachi in February (despite it being FREEZING, windy and not at all beachy) so it's what you make of it!

We will post reviews and pix, from adult and kids point of view, in a few weeks. Thanks again!

Archived