car rental should time be 1 hour ahead?

cruise8x+

If we are arrive in port at 8:00 am ships's time (NCL Spirit) would it be 9:00am in Canada ex Nova Scotia, Newfoundland etc.? So a car rental would technically be 1 hour late when we arrive to pick it up? Possibly losing our rental?

9:30 in Newfoundland :)

You have to confirm whether they change times on the ship or not, and reserve your car accordingly. However, I've never had a car rental cancelled because I arrived late - sometimes early is a problem, if they haven't had time to do the paperwork.

If we are arrive in port at 8:00 am ships's time (NCL Spirit) would it be 9:00am in Canada ex Nova Scotia, Newfoundland etc.? So a car rental would technically be 1 hour late when we arrive to pick it up? Possibly losing our rental?

You can check your local arrival time at http://www.cruisesaintjohn.com/visitsaintjohn/cruiseschedule.asp

(if you stop in Saint John)

We will be on the Spirit from Oct 9-23. I was confused by the time differences at first. I have checked all the port schedules I could find against my itinerary from NCL. Every one of the arrival times shown on the NCL itinerary matches the one on the port websites.

I take that to mean that we have been given the "local arrival time", however, I think that still might be different than "ship time". I believe a 9:00 arrival (local) time would be 8:00 arrival (ship) time.

We have a car reserved in Halifax for a pick-up time at 10:00. The port schedule and the NCL itinerary both show a 9:00 arrival time. We just gave ourselves that hour to have time to get off the ship and walk over to the car rental place.

Good luck and happy cruising!

Donna

Archived