Answering some EPIC questions ... with photos

Ilivetogo

Gosh EVERYONE ... thanks!! And you're welcome. I will hopefully finish posting the other pics now. Like I said, I was trying to answer a lot of the questions that were raised by people who "heard" things or just wanted to see for themselves.

For those of you enjoying these pics, if you have any interest in seeing the wonderful FOOD on Epic ... I posted a food thread also. (I know some of you have already seen it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1279119

Great pictures! Thanks for posting!

You mentioned that you went to a lot of trivia in Bliss -- how was the trivia on EPIC? Do you know if they had progressive trivia?

thanks!

The trivia was pretty hard. We did okay, but not great. There were a few teams who consistently did fairly well though. I guess we're just not that "up" on some of their trivia. :rolleyes: I don't know what "progressive" trivia is ... so I'm sorry, but I can't answer that.

They gave us entertainment or activity "signatures" for attending certain activities. (Like we also went to Family Insanity which was way fun.) At the end of the cruise, you turn in your signatures for "prizes". That was awesome.

OKAY ... onward ...

This will be entertainment-related stuff.

Here's a t-shirt available for purchase.

Ehowlt.jpg

And ... the show itself. LOVED Howl At The Moon. It was SO fun. This guy was fantastic!

Epianol.jpg

There were three guys who played - they rotated their positions for breaks. There were always two guys playing at a time.

Epianor.jpg

Sexy Legs contest at the pool. It was great.

Esexylegs.jpg

This will be pool-related stuff.

Self-explanatory ...

Pring.jpg

These two round, glass enlcosures were poolside showers. Very nice. They had a huge "rain" type showerhead.

Pshowers.jpg

Here's the line for the Epic Plunge. It starts at the bottom of the ride - where you spill out - so that you can get your tube. Then you head up the stairs with your tube. (This photo was from when we first boarded - there wasn't very many people up there taking advantage of the slides yet. It was great! We got lots of slides in that first afternoon!!)

Pplunge.jpg

Here's the view from right next to the bottom - where you get your tube. You just line up along the edge and the NCL guy gives you the tube after helping the last guy get out of the water.

Pplungetube.jpg

The view from (almost) the top of the stairs - showing the "bowl" for the Epic Plunge. ALL ages were on this ride. It was awesome!!

The only negative thing about the pool area is that they really really used the wrong stuff to cover the deck. This was a very smooth deck and was somewhat like smooth concrete or terrazzo. And man was it H O T!!! It didn't take me long to figure out that I HAD to be wearing my flip flops ALL the time up there. Even the pretty blue tiles (seen in the tube line above) were blazing. Also, this smooth surface was very slick when wet. They laid out big rugs all over for people to walk on. Still, I saw MANY people slip and fall (including us) on this extremely hot deck.

Pplungebowl.jpg

Gonna add my .02

Here is a picture I took of my sink with the water on full blast! Note, no water on the counter. But! You cannot put your hands under the stream at full... just dial it back a little bit. :D

The second shows the vent in the toilet stall. They DO exist!

~Intrepid <-- toilet humor!

P8230102.jpg.fb9e89df3613fc0f3de0c525ee4001e3.jpg

P8210059.jpg.ffd4f700ee3de81792fffb632661614a.jpg

Gonna add my .02

Here is a picture I took of my sink with the water on full blast! Note, no water on the counter. But! You cannot put your hands under the stream at full... just dial it back a little bit. :D

The second shows the vent in the toilet stall. They DO exist!

~Intrepid <-- toilet humor!

Very true. It does splash around the little counter area when you're doing something with your hands. (Not so much with teeth brushing.) I used the little hand towels and washrags along the edges. Had to.

Very true. It does splash around the little counter area when you're doing something with your hands. (Not so much with teeth brushing.) I used the little hand towels and washrags along the edges. Had to.

We did too, and it was no big deal. Sometimes, I even have to wipe up the counter around the sink at home! :eek:

~Intrepid <-- big drip

Thanks so much for the pictures!!! Loved previewing what our cruise will be like!:) Going on the Epic Thanksgiving Week!

One question for you, do you really have to arrive at the shows 30 minutes are more to get a good seat? I've read where if you don't get to Blue Man Group or Cirque Dreams that early then you will not get good seats.

Thanks again!!

Thanks so much for the pictures!!! Loved previewing what our cruise will be like!:) Going on the Epic Thanksgiving Week!

One question for you, do you really have to arrive at the shows 30 minutes are more to get a good seat? I've read where if you don't get to Blue Man Group or Cirque Dreams that early then you will not get good seats.

Thanks again!!

Hey skcruises

I see you are going on the Tropical Turkey. If you are inerested in joining our meet & greet, sign up on the roll call and let us know how many cruising, special occ etc... we are also trying to get a grab bag organzied that was suggested by one of our Tropical Turkey cruiser. Go check out the post on the roll call if interested.:p

Hey skcruises

I see you are going on the Tropical Turkey. If you are inerested in joining our meet & greet, sign up on the roll call and let us know how many cruising, special occ etc... we are also trying to get a grab bag organzied that was suggested by one of our Tropical Turkey cruiser. Go check out the post on the roll call if interested.:p

Thanks! I will check it out. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived