Triumph/Victory why are they the cheapest?

bp traveler

Why do these two ships always seem to come up the cheapest?

Need Saturday/Sat. itinary and my choices seem to be Glory or the Triumph.

Is the Glory worth the extra $200?

Thanks

Older ships, Destiny class vessels.

I would save $200 personally.I have sailed all classes and Destiny class is nice.

Steve

We are going on the Triumph Western Caribbean Itinerary. I think this itinerary is cheaper because it only stops in 3 ports instead of 4 on a 7 day cruise. I don’t know which one you are looking at but that is what I have come up with. If that isn’t the reason then I don’t know either. I hope that helps.

Rebecca

I've sailed on all three of these ships and they are all very similar. Yes, the Triumph and Victory are a few years older, but not significantly so. They are a little smaller, and therefore have less people than the Glory. I think the main reason they are cheaper, however, is that they sail out of Miami. There are more ships from all lines that sail from the Miami/Lauderdale area. More ships sailing from the same area drives the cost down.

The fares are lower due to the age of both ships. Actually Elation is the cheapest 7day, she is the last Fantasy-Class ship doing week long cruises. I would also save the money, unless you want to experience Supper Club dining on Glory.

When are you cruising?

We are looking for end of January or early Feb 2006. I have a quote for $1471 for a triple inside 4A, it is the best I have found. It is a 4a with no chance of an upgrade though vs. doing the Inside guarantee.

I was hoping since we are booking so early that we would get an upgrade.

This agency also does not give you $$$ back if it drops she told me it was a contracted rate and their cancel policy is $50 per person.

We are looking for end of January or early Feb 2006. I have a quote for $1471 for a triple inside 4A, it is the best I have found. It is a 4a with no chance of an upgrade though vs. doing the Inside guarantee.

I was hoping since we are booking so early that we would get an upgrade.

This agency also does not give you $$$ back if it drops she told me it was a contracted rate and their cancel policy is $50 per person.

Do the guarantee and try and book direct thru CCL this way you have a good chance at an upgrade as long as it is not a school vacation and if the rate goes down, you can just call CCL.

Steve

With that statement alone I would consider this a warning sign. I would find a new TA. Ask others you know who have cruised before for their recommendations.

I've been on both the Triumph and Victory. While, they are a little older, they are not old. Triumph first sailed in 1998 0r 1999 and Victory in 2000. If you see one of them beside a Conquest class ship, which the Glory is, you can't tell much difference in size from the outside. They may be a little smaller than the Glory but they still carry a lot of people (around 3000 if they are sold out).

All that said, I loved my cruises on both ships and would sail them again without a moment's hesitattion.

Archived