Overnight parking in Kahului

CharlesCharles

Sorry if this is old news, I am new on thos board and did not find any current threads on this topic.

I am renting a car for two days when in port and don't really want to take it back to the airport car rental location overnight so am hoping there is some (hopefully secure) parking near the port available for overnight parking

Doea anyone know?

Thanks

I couldn't get the link about to work, so I am posting this one, sorry if it is a duplicate:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1202014&highlight=maui+parking

For other links, try searching in the Hawaii forum for "maui parking" Make sure you click on the search link for the Maui forum and not the entire cc.

First of all, to the OP - Welcome to Cruise Critic! I understand that is is often hard to find what you need on this large forum. Just scanning the titles is often misleading as the discussions often meander out into different topics. Using the "Search" feature is helpful most of the time (not always). Just be sure to limit your search to the "Hawaii" forum as Vbmom87 said.

Thank you to vbmom for posting that link again. I had seen it before but had forgotten about it. Now that we have our rental cars in place I am also very interested in the parking question. My only concern is being able to get out of the lot in Maui in the very early morning if we are one of the unfortunate ones blocked in by another car - and if we have early tour reservations on the other side of the island!:eek:

First of all, to the OP - Welcome to Cruise Critic! I understand that is is often hard to find what you need on this large forum. Just scanning the titles is often misleading as the discussions often meander out into different topics. Using the "Search" feature is helpful most of the time (not always). Just be sure to limit your search to the "Hawaii" forum as Vbmom87 said.

Thank you to vbmom for posting that link again. I had seen it before but had forgotten about it. Now that we have our rental cars in place I am also very interested in the parking question. My only concern is being able to get out of the lot in Maui in the very early morning if we are one of the unfortunate ones blocked in by another car - and if we have early tour reservations on the other side of the island!:eek:

Not all spots are at risk for being blocked in. We were lucky to get one of those. However, if only those spots are available, you could go the guard and ask where the third parking area is and check that out. On the day we went no one was blocking anyone in. I was sure to look for that after seeing the post with the photos showing the blocked cars.

We parked at a lot just outside the pier entrance. There were marked spaces. But we were advised by previous CC posters that the lot fills up quickly so on our first day we had returned back by 4:30 pm and had our choice of spaces. Best to get one that heads out to the street. Last alternative was to return to airport parking lot, most rentals have a shuttle so there would not be a cost to return there.

We parked our car on the side of the street right outside of the pier entrance. It was free and when we parked it (around 11:00pm) around 15 cars had already done so. I actually drove inside the pier entrance and asked the guard the best place to park the car and he said to park it there so that worked for me :)

Archived