Luggage Labels ???

MRS TIGGYWINKLE

Hi all,

We sail 12th October on Costa Deliziosa. I spoke to our travel agent today because we have had no paperwork regarding excursions or tickets etc and I was getting a little nervous.

They rang Costa and said tickets should have been e-mailed to the agent but it would appear this has not been the case. They are re sending them. I asked about luggage labels (bearing in mind we are flying from Manchester, Uk to Genoa) and Costa informed my agent that they no longer issue luggage labels. Apparently they will be a vailable at the port:confused:.

Can anyone enlighten me as to when this became common practice? It seems a little strange that we will only be marking our luggage with our cabin details on just prior to embarkation.

Thank you in advance for any insight as to how efficient this process is.

Hi!

I am also looking for luggage tags and called Costa. They told me they will be mailed to me. My cruise is in November.

We cruise in October and haven't got our labels yet. They are sent out in the last month so we will be looking out for them soon.

We are sailing out of Rome on October 17. With our emailed tickets were luggage tags to print out.Since they are simply on printer paper,we will attach these right before we leave for the port. This is what we did when we sailed with Cost before. I hope this helps!

We received thin paper luggage tags last year when we sailed on RCCL. I filled them out and took them to the nearest UPS store. They laminated them and gave us things to attach them to our luggage. The cost was just a few dollars for very durable tags. It's good to have them on when you leave home. We took the cruise transfer and they took our bags very soon after we landed. The bags went on one bus and we went on another. We did not see them again until they were placed at our cabin door.:)

We booked directly with Costa and we printed our luggage tags when we printed our cruise documents. Since they were just thin paper, we used packaging tape over the length of the tag and overlapped the tape at the end to attach over the luggage handle. It worked like a charm! It was just like they were laminated. It was very strong and they stayed put!

Thanks for all the replies. Finally got our tickets via travel agent yesterday. Attatched to the pile of papers were printed out luggage labels......maybe a case of left hand not knowing what right hand is doing:).

We have a domestic flight and a european flight before Costa transfer from airport to port so we will indeed be using very strong packing tape or get them laminated as suggested.

Many thanks again everyone:)

Its now actually becoming common practice to not receive luggage labels...Ive been on a few holidays now without them...

I mean what do people when they book with people such as easy jet, these companies have never provided such things...

Not sure why people get overly excited about not having them to be honest - There's far more more things to worry about and a few luggage labels certainly wouldnt be top of my list...

Glad you all got yours though, it will make things a lot less stressful fo you, I'm sure...:)

• 2 weeks later...
We booked directly with Costa and we printed our luggage tags when we printed our cruise documents. Since they were just thin paper, we used packaging tape over the length of the tag and overlapped the tape at the end to attach over the luggage handle. It worked like a charm! It was just like they were laminated. It was very strong and they stayed put!

Ditto here. We punched holes near the tag ends, and just used zip-ties to close the tag ends. Worked just fine, and costs little.

Its now actually becoming common practice to not receive luggage labels...Ive been on a few holidays now without them...

I mean what do people when they book with people such as easy jet, these companies have never provided such things...

Not sure why people get overly excited about not having them to be honest - There's far more more things to worry about and a few luggage labels certainly wouldnt be top of my list...

Glad you all got yours though, it will make things a lot less stressful fo you, I'm sure...:)

I disagree. With a cruise your luggage label ensures your suitcase goes to the correct cabin! With a flight, they always put labels on at the airport anyway so you don't need to get them in advance.

Archived