Scuba in Roatan

sd200044

We are crusing with Carnival in October and want to Dive in Roatan. We have been many times before and always booked through the ship because they used Anthony's Key and they did a great job. Now for some reason it appears Carnival is not offering Scuba Diving on our cruise stop in Roatan, So I want to book off the ship. Can anyone recommed a company to use?

We are crusing with Carnival in October and want to Dive in Roatan. We have been many times before and always booked through the ship because they used Anthony's Key and they did a great job. Now for some reason it appears Carnival is not offering Scuba Diving on our cruise stop in Roatan, So I want to book off the ship. Can anyone recommed a company to use?

When I went on Carnival back in May, the excursions for all the stops. COZUMEL, BELIZE, ROATAN, G. CAYMAN came up at different times. I almost booked two stops outside of carnival. But as it got closer to the cruise date SCUBA showed up on more ports. When is your cruise? You might want to wait until a week or two before you depart to book anything outside.

I would agree with the above poster about waiting a week or so, then see if you can book the excursion.

If you do book independently, I have read the alot of people use Bananarama. I have never used them myself but if you were to look in this section, you will see alot of reviews about them.

When I went on Carnival back in May, the excursions for all the stops. COZUMEL, BELIZE, ROATAN, G. CAYMAN came up at different times. I almost booked two stops outside of carnival. But as it got closer to the cruise date SCUBA showed up on more ports. When is your cruise? You might want to wait until a week or two before you depart to book anything outside.

Yeah - Cruise is 10/17 - so about 3 weeks away. I thought it might eventually come up, but now I am starting to wonder. Anyway thanks for the thought. I will look into Bananarama that the other post suggested

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just back from the Celebrity Solstice Western Carribean trip. Dove in Cozumel & Roatan. In Cozumel we had to use the ships shore excursion due to confusion about timing and we were kinda disappointed. FYI to all - the ships change their clocks to adjust to local time, but they say that they stay on Ships time in port - this was the confusion. Ships time & local time are same in case you run into this in future.

In Roatan we dove with OCEAN-CONNETIONS & they couldnt have been better. Its a small shop that does one tank dives & will work with you however you need. They will put together a mix of divers & snorkelers if you need. THey arranged our transport & took us on one of the best dives we have ever had. The reef in Roatan is spectacular. So Id like to thank & recommend Trevor @ Ocean Connections to all looking for a good dive( or snorkel ) in Roatan.

Flipflopgal,

Did you book this privately? I am leaving in 36 days for a cruise that ports in Roatan. There are 11 of us total, 5 of which are divers. My DH and I are still new divers and I like the personalized feel and prefer not to use the ships excursions unless I have to. Can you give me more details?

We had very good communication with Bananarama. Quick repsone to any questions. Decided to go with Barefoot Divers because they have a "valet" dive service and we are newbie divers. Once we have more confidence - Bananrama sounds great.

Sara

• 2 weeks later...

We were on this itinerary back in October and while we are snorkelers not divers we had the most phenomenal trips. we did not book through the ship and with the exception of grand cayman we were the only four on the boats. we saw different things on each island. we did Caye Caulker in Belize and i would say not to miss it or Ambergris Caye.

• 2 weeks later...

This trip was fantastic and I booked away from the ship with Barefoot and it was the best Dive ever. They took awesome care of me and made this one of my favorite dives. They really take care of everything including rinsing and seting up your gear. I loved this place. Ask if Scuba Ted is still there. He was my guide and he did a great job.

I just returned from a great dive with Coconut Tree Divers in West End while visiting Roatan on Celebrity Eclipse. I would give them a big thumbs up. I think they adjusted the time of their first dive to accomodate the ships arrival time. They had two divemasters and 5 divers and really seemed to run a tight ship. It is the only shop to regularly offer advanced two-tank dives in the morning. Our first dive went to 110 feet. The wall was amazing.

Archived