Just had to share

chasinraynbowz

"Grandma, take me on a big boat... pleaseee!

You must be doing something right. Take him on a cruise RIGHT NOW and get him hooked. Then you will have a crusing partner (and a really good excuse to cruise) for the rest of your life! :D

My husband and I are both very proud of course. His mommy and daddy (my son and DIL) are NOT... haha!

I have asked about taking him and have been told "not yet". She said its one thing for us to take him on vacation with us in the states.. which we have done several times, but she isn't quite ready for him to leave the country yet... haha!

We are taking my 3 year old son in November on Freedom. Super excited. Tomorrow we are taking his grandparents to the port to get on a cruise on Celebrity Solstice. I think my son will flip when he sees the cruise ships.

Why doesn't your Kids go with you and take him?

We are taking my 3 year old son in November on Freedom. Super excited. Tomorrow we are taking his grandparents to the port to get on a cruise on Celebrity Solstice. I think my son will flip when he sees the cruise ships.

Why doesn't your Kids go with you and take him?

Your son will have a ball tomorrow!! He will want to go with his grandparents... lol.

The kids can not afford to cruise right now (DIL is a stay at home mom with another child on the way). BUT... DH and I have been talking about taking ALL of the kids and grandkids.

We took our Grandson and granddaughter on thier frist cruise a few years back for thier Christmas present, It was about the same price as what we spend on them for Christmas any way. This last year my Grandson was about to give me my first Great grandson. I told him ( now you are making me a Great Grandmother ) he came up , put his arm around me and said: Granny you have always bee a Great Granny,,,,,,,,,lol, You just have to love a kid like that, lol

We took our Grandson and granddaughter on thier frist cruise a few years back for thier Christmas present, It was about the same price as what we spend on them for Christmas any way. This last year my Grandson was about to give me my first Great grandson. I told him ( now you are making me a Great Grandmother ) he came up , put his arm around me and said: Granny you have always bee a Great Granny,,,,,,,,,lol, You just have to love a kid like that, lol

Awwww, how sweet!! And now you have a great grandson to take cruising lol.

I never knew what it was going to be like being a grandma until I held that little stinker for the first time. I was a goner! haha, I called my husband and told him he had been replaced... Davis was the love of my life now (and still is).

My 3 year old grandson and I were in bed this afternoon getting ready to take a nap. I had the TV on and a Carnival commercial started playing. He looked right at me and said "Grandma, take me on a big boat... pleaseeeee"!! haha

That's MY boy!!!! I am soooo proud!!!

That's so cute!! I can't wait for my grand daughter to say the samething....she'll be 2 in Nov. And you know what? When she says it, grannie is going to do it! lol

That's so cute!! I can't wait for my grand daughter to say the samething....she'll be 2 in Nov. And you know what? When she says it, grannie is going to do it! lol

lol... Well, we have a new baby on the way so once he/she is here maybe my DIL will allow us to take our grandson with us!!

LOL sorry Princess. Maybe if she still won't let us huh? haha

and my daughter has no problem with me doing it.. lol.. last cruise my grandson, then age 3 1/2 was pouting with tears cuz he wanted to go with grammy on a trip. so i took him on a 20+ hour road trip in sept.. but i told her when my grandaughter is older and potty trained that one time i'd like to take them on a cruise.. just want them to be able to do excursions too not just beach days.. but we'll see how long i hold out until i take them lol. but i betcha that means i got to take mommy too lol..

and my daughter has no problem with me doing it.. lol.. last cruise my grandson, then age 3 1/2 was pouting with tears cuz he wanted to go with grammy on a trip. so i took him on a 20+ hour road trip in sept.. but i told her when my grandaughter is older and potty trained that one time i'd like to take them on a cruise.. just want them to be able to do excursions too not just beach days.. but we'll see how long i hold out until i take them lol. but i betcha that means i got to take mommy too lol..

Well this being my DIL... whose parents do not travel... its pushing it a bit with her I think... lol. She will come around soon I am sure. We will have to try a 3 or 4 day... just a short one to make sure he likes it and so that his mommy is ok with all this.

How sweet!!! Hope you get to take him on one soon! We took our son on his first cruise back in Feb. Now when a Carnival commercial comes on he jumps up and dances to the music!!! :D

So do I:D!!!! And I'm 48 and a grandmother of 3!

our grandkids are 6 & 9 and have 5 cruise's under their belt. 2 with us & 2 with us and their parents, 1 with their parents. they love , love, love it. get upset if we go and they don't.

we do take a certified letter saying we have permission to take them, we do take out the insurance, and they have passpaorts.

grandson is the 6 yr old and his favorite part is taking his picture & meeting the captain each cruise.

Deni, yes... small world!!!

I was just REALLY surprised when he asked me to take him on a cruise. He is always looking at my photo albums. I have one from each cruise and one from Europe. He looks at each picture and tells stories about each one... lol.

cruisinmeme... I suspect when we take him on one, our cruising days with kids is over.. haha. That could be why we have not taken him yet.... we know deep down thats whats going to happen.. lol.

Davis (grandson) has spent most every weekend with us since he was 6 weeks old. I have been trying to cut back to every other weekend, but its like dieting or quitting smoking... lol.... a lot easier said than done!!

What a nice post. I cannot wait, but yes I can because son who is engaged has two more years of college and older son plays the field.

I so look forward to feeling what you are feeling. You sound like a good grandma. Mine was the very best. I hope to carry on the torch. Sure miss her.

What a nice post. I cannot wait, but yes I can because son who is engaged has two more years of college and older son plays the field.

I so look forward to feeling what you are feeling. You sound like a good grandma. Mine was the very best. I hope to carry on the torch. Sure miss her.

Oh you will be a wonderful grandma.... and it's worth the wait, trust me!

and cruisinmeme, in my previous post I meant that our cruising days without kids is over. Once we take him/them on a cruise, they will want to come every time... lol.

I know what you all mean! My GS is 8 and he has been on 3 cruises too. His sister turned 1 last year in Nov. and we all did a cruise for her Birthday. (There was a group on 28 of us) My DD and SIL decided this past July to go on their first cruise without the kids and I got to keep them will they went. I think my GS really wanted to go. When they got back he said okay I want to go on a cruise for my birthday, so now we are planning one for his 10th birthday. He is so excited.

I know what you all mean! My GS is 8 and he has been on 3 cruises too. His sister turned 1 last year in Nov. and we all did a cruise for her Birthday. (There was a group on 28 of us) My DD and SIL decided this past July to go on their first cruise without the kids and I got to keep them will they went. I think my GS really wanted to go. When they got back he said okay I want to go on a cruise for my birthday, so now we are planning one for his 10th birthday. He is so excited.

cruisinmeme's grandkids have been on 5 cruises already. Yours is 8 and has been on 3 cruises already... wow. They will be platinum before they are 18... lol.

Archived