Dropping bags off at pier PRIDE?

Rachy817

What time can we drop off our luggage when we embark on the Pride? We were thinking of going to the aquarium for a few hours before getting on the ship but would like to get rid of our bags first. Does anyone know how early they start taking bags at the pier? The ship is not setting sail until 5pm so we figured we would get on the ship around 2.

Thanks!

I would suggest you do the aquarium on your way home, instead. If the Pride arrives on schedule it won't even get in to port until 10. Even if the porters were willing to take your bags before that, I would worry about them getting mixed up with the bags coming off and never leaving the pier! :eek:

Bags going on the ship are racked in baggage floats similar to those used on airlines. As they get filled, the floats are ganged in a staging area until the bags coming off are safely in the baggage claim area. The bags coming off are never put into the floats, but are in the usual baggage containers that are used on all the cruise ships everywhere.

The first of the porters are called for duty at !0 AM. You plan will probably work, but I would think the aquarium would be worth more like 6 hours than a rushed 2-3 hour visit.

Doc

When we sailed on 9/5 we were dropped at the port. We arrived at 11:00 and while others were waiting to get into the car park we were permitted to be offloaded right up at the curb then and our luggage left us at that time. I would assume you could just do the same thing by telling them that you are dropping off...and let them know you will be back. You can do the aquarium in 2-3 hours, but you may not see it all.

Archived