My Review of Carnival Freedom 9/19-9/25 with Pics

cuted126

We had a decent time,but I think it would've been better coupled with the Dunns River Falls. Carnival does offer that as well. It was just a long time to be at the beach for me.

Can you get to the Falls from Bamboo Beach (and pay) if you do not do it through Carnival? :confused::confused:

Thank you!
You're Welcome!

We had a decent time,but I think it would've been better coupled with the Dunns River Falls. Carnival does offer that as well. It was just a long time to be at the beach for me.

Can you get to the Falls from Bamboo Beach (and pay) if you do not do it through Carnival? :confused::confused:

I'm not sure,but I would think you could! Maybe someone can tell you on the port of call boards. Sorry I couldn't help :(

Just back yesterday from a great 6 day trip on the Freedom. I cannot believe how long we waited and it went by so quick! I sit here with post cruise disorder(that should be a real disorder ya know) and already looking to book the Liberty for next year!! Crusing is so addictive and although the anticipation almost killed me,I am already wanting to be back in the stage of obsessing and anticipating my next cruise. I am gonna try not to be long winded with this review,but I do have alot of pics to add :)

Ok,so background info~This sailing was Dh and I for our fifth anniversary. This was my sixth cruise and his third. We originally booked the Destiny last year and ironically if we woulda stayed booked on that cruise,we would have been sailing as I type,but I digress. We switched to the Freedom,because I wanted to go to Key West and Dh wanted to sail on our usual 9/19 schedule.

We, no,I decided we would drive cause I do not like to fly. Dh would've rather flew of course ,but a happy wife is a happy life I suppose,so I got my way.:D No,really I am such a chickenbutt when it comes to flying,it's horrible. I promised him we would fly next time and we definitely will. The drive was great and exciting going,but coming back was just long. We drove last year to Jacksonville,but of course this was way longer. So now anything longer then 9 hours,I guess we will fly. Okay I am already being too chatty.

We got a late start on the drive because dh was called into work the day before. So alot of the stuff we needed to do that evening had to wait til Friday morning. We ended up not even getting on the road until 12:47pm:eek: Our GPS tells us that our ETA is 2:32am DOUBLE:eek::eek: But we were so excited we didn't care. We had 6 days on the Freedom and one day in Fort Lauderdale to look forward too. Let the fun begin!!!

IMG_9161.jpg?t=1285521806

Happy to hear you enjoyed your cruise. Great reveiw, it brings back memories when my wife were Freedom a couple years ago.

Fabulous review! We (also Virginians!!) have a whole year to wait for our cruise on the Freedom. Your review was informative and personable...and your pictures were the "icing on the cake". Can't wait!

Thanks for the compliments! Glad to see even more Virginians around the boards!! A whole year is a long time to wait,but I promise you will have a great time on the Freedom! It's worth the wait! We are looking at booking it again for next year!

• 3 months later...

I am not sure why these boys were in the water?!!? They were talking to people as they were coming back to the ship.

ry%3D400

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We will be doing this same trip in a little over a week. As a side note, in this photo, the young kids treading water next to the pier are asking for paper money to be wadded up and thrown in for them.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cuted126. I can't believe it was way back in 2010 when I read your review for the first time. I happened to see your name today and remembered that I enjoyed your review, so I read it again.

What ai great surprise when I saw you did the itinerary we are doing in just 17 days on the Carnival Valor ! There are not many reviews of that itinerary so I was happy to hve your post to read again.

I saw our conversation about the Legend, so now I will read that.

I'm excited about going on a new class ship. We were set to go on the Glory in Oct. but my husband landed in the hospital for two weeks just five days before we were to leave. I can't wait to see those blue waters again.

Happy New Year to you, you husband and the family.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review. We will be doing this same trip in a little over a week. As a side note, in this photo, the young kids treading water next to the pier are asking for paper money to be wadded up and thrown in for them.
Your welcome,I was surprised to see this review back on the front page since its been awhile! I LOVE the Freedom,she is my favorite ship! Have a great cruise and thanks for telling me about the kids lol. I always wondered about what they were doing lol

Thank you for your pictures we will be sailing in july.
Thanks for reading!! Enjoy your time on the Freedom. We are looking to sail her again in September of 2012!

I just loved your review,especially with all the pic's .One of the best review's that i have read in a long time.Me and my DH have been having some trouble picking which cruise to go on for our 10th anniversary in October and i think i just found it,:).
Aaaaaww,thanks!!!!! I really appreciate the compliment! I love this ship and the itinerary! I have nothing bad to say about it at all! You will not be disappointed,I promise. And if for some reason your are,you can come back and fuss at me lol

Hi Cuted126. I can't believe it was way back in 2010 when I read your review for the first time. I happened to see your name today and remembered that I enjoyed your review, so I read it again.

What ai great surprise when I saw you did the itinerary we are doing in just 17 days on the Carnival Valor ! There are not many reviews of that itinerary so I was happy to hve your post to read again.

I saw our conversation about the Legend, so now I will read that.

I'm excited about going on a new class ship. We were set to go on the Glory in Oct. but my husband landed in the hospital for two weeks just five days before we were to leave. I can't wait to see those blue waters again.

Happy New Year to you, you husband and the family.

Thanks for reading again lol! YAY,have fun on the Valor! What a coincidence you are doing the same route!! I am always happy to try a new type of ship! The Legend was nice,but my heart lays with the Freedom. I love the lido deck style of the Conquest class ships. Glad your hubby is better!Hope you have a wonderful New Year and enjoy your upcoming cruise! Make sure you do a review!!

LOVED your review! We'll be sailing away on Super Bowl Sunday on the Freedom. (not soon enough :D). I'm really hoping DH and I can get some Serenity deck time while DD is at Camp Carnival, it looks divine!
The serenity deck was amazing and it was never overly crowded! We always managed to get seats,the same seats at that!Iit was like they were reserved just for us! Enjoy your cruise!

really awesome
Thanks!:)

I love your review, we are thinking of cruisin her this spring. The pics are great :)
Book it!!! Great ship,I promise!!

Thanks so much for terrific review and photos..love the feel of this ship on every review...Sarah..Glad you had such a great time...S.
Thank you for the compliments and thanks for taking the time to read my review!! Love the Freedom!

What a fantastic review! Can't wait to see more... We are going on a Jazz Cruise in October on the Freedom and am looking forward to the rest of your trip. You do a wonderful job. Thanks much.

Welcome to Cruise Critic and thanks for the compliments! You're gonna have a good time on the Freedom. Love,love,love that ship!! Glad you took time to read my review! I have a couple more listed in my siggy with bunches of pics:)

My BFF and I are sailing the Freedom in early April and I was looking for an excellent review to share with her. Your's fit the bill and then some!!:D It was like a good page turning novel (w/ pics) that I sadly hated to see end. Wonderful detail and wildly entertaining. You've got knack for writing. You should be paid for your skills. :p I'm glad that you and hubby had such a good time. May you be blessed to enjoy again real soon!!

My BFF and I are sailing the Freedom in early April and I was looking for an excellent review to share with her. Your's fit the bill and then some!!:D It was like a good page turning novel (w/ pics) that I sadly hated to see end. Wonderful detail and wildly entertaining. You've got knack for writing. You should be paid for your skills. :p I'm glad that you and hubby had such a good time. May you be blessed to enjoy again real soon!!

Thanks so much!! I really appreciate your comments,they are making me blush:o Enjoy your upcoming cruise! You will love the Freedom! I cannot wait to sail her again!

Archived