My Review of Carnival Freedom 9/19-9/25 with Pics

cuted126

The pics and review are awesome! I love your detail. This is making me SUPER excited for our cruise in november.
Thanks!!

Don't stop posting pics! We sail in 20 days. I may just save your pictures so I don't have to worry about taking any myself.:D

To a previous poster that stayed in the aft wrap 8455, that's the room we have booked. What exactly didn't you like about it? I'd love details so I'm better prepared.

Lol,I took enough pics for you,me and three other people!

I'm not cruising this ship or this port, but I love to read these anyway! :D
Thanks! I love reading review as well and especially one with pics!!

It's been a month since Ive sailed on her and I really want to go back, I see I am not the only one who was picture happy
Picture happy is correct! Dh brought me DSLR for Christmas and I have been dying to use it on this cruise!!!

FYI-Count me as another one who hates to fly. I advise you to see your doctor and let him give you a "happy" pill. That is the only way I can fly. I only take those little pills when I fly and it makes all the difference in the world. I am going to Florida Saturday and for the first time I am flying by myself, which is something I never thought I would do.

Thanks for the review. We were on the same Freedom cruise August 2009 and we had a blast. Your review lets me relive my 50th birthday all over again.

Thanks for following along! I will look into the "happy" pill cause DH told me today that we will have to fly next time. Good for you for flying alone,I don't think i could if someone paid me!!

Just found your review, cant wait to read more. We are on the freedom in March. BTW love all the pics!!! keep'em coming.
Thanks and mor epics coming up!! You are gonna have a great time on the Freedom!

This is a great review. Love the pictures and I feel like I am on vacation with you two. Keep it coming. Thanks.
Thanks!

Great Review Loving the Pics
Thank you!

Loving your review. We will be on the Freedom in April. I also hate to fly and hubby and I are in a debate whether to fly or drive. BTW, where were you driving from? My GPS says 15 hours to the pier. He is dreading the drive, but I told him I would do it.
We drove from Virginia. It is a looooonnnggg drive. Me and dh split it. He did 2 states and I did two and we split one.

I love your descriptions and pictures. We ladies enjoy details! ;)
Thanks andYes,it's all about the details!!

This review is GREAT!! You are definitely NOT too chatty...I'm lovin' every detail! We are going on the Freedom Oct. 31st and can't wait! :p

Your review comes at a perfect time. Keep it coming, PLEASE!! :D

I wanna go!! I have the next installment coming up! I am treyin gto finish day one at least!!

Great review, the pics are great!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!

Girl I'm loving your review! I sailed the Freedom last year and it was the best vacation I've ever had. Your pics are great. They're bringing back lots of memories, especially these of the disco. We shut this place down every night at like 3 am. Good times. Keep the review coming.

The club was going strong every night!! The Freedom is such a great ship,I would get back on tomorrow if I could!

We are going to make the drive from Charlotte, NC area in February. I am guessing 10-12 hours depending on traffic, but since we are driving down on a Saturday we are hoping to make good time. We will stay the night at the Hampton Inn right near where the OP stayed and embark on Sunday. So excited! Not so excited about the drive.

Thankfully our kids are flying with my parents, so it will be just DH and I. Driving will save us our two airfare, and plus the baggage fees for all of us.

. We put our stuff through the X-ray and dh had a bottle of Margaritaville margarita mix in his bookbag (we ordered tequila through Bon Voyage) Anyway,the security lady stands up and says really loud and nasty how everyone wants to try to bring whiskey on. I turn around and say huh?!? Dh is looking like WTH?! She then says open your bag sir as if we had just ruined her morning.

Dh tells her that it's a mixer and how we had ordered from Bon Voyage. Stupidly she sits down and says OH. I was on fire,but I let it slide. .

I never thought of those types of mixers . . . I always thought of cans of pop or juice. Can you tell me if you took pop or if this just replaced you pop allowance? I may have to rethink what I take!!!!

I noticed I did forget to say that we are from Virginia and we did the 6 day Key West,Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios itinerary. Okay so where was I..

After walking around and taking tons of pics,we went to Lido. There were people EVERYWHERE!! We opted for the Deli since that was the shortest line and we hungry as ever. I got the ham and cheese and Dh got ham and cheese and the turney wrap. Two orders would be the norm for him on this cruise and he never left any food on any plate :) I didn't care for my ham and cheese so I stood in line for one of those yummy cheeseburgers I had been waiting for since last September and then we got our first DODs "The Funship Special". I would go on to have about three of those. We sat down,ate and people watched. It felt so good to be back on the ship. I love how Carnival put those sayings on the back of the cups and they changed almost changed every day! Speaking of cups,whats up with those super small cups on Lido now?!

ry%3D400

Did I mention how much I LOVE the caesar salads from the pizzeria?!?!

A very stuffed DHry%3D400

Me and dh ended up chilling on the Serenity deck which was an everyday thing for us! Loved this area!

ry%3D400

After awhile it was time to go to our room. I chose room 2347 which was on Main Deck all the way aft on the starboard side. I choose it cause it had a weird configuration and just looked bigger. The room was nice and spacious with two windows,a couch and two chairs. There were three closets,five drawers and the vanity area. The room also had a fridge with little liqour bottles in it. The bathroom was a decent size with a decent amout of counter space. It had little shelves on the mirror to store things as well. I was very happy with this room and would stay in it again.

ry%3D400

I will warn you that you will get ALOT of vibration in this room when the ship is getting close to the dock and even well after it docks. It woke me up every port day. Me and dh had an aft room last year as well,so we knew what to expect. I will say that this room had way more vibration than our room on the Fascination.

Room pics,Serenity deck and outdoor ship pics up next...

Soon it was time for muster drill. I've been reading on cruiscritic that guest were now shown a video or something but we werent. When we got there we were told to line up in the front row and the crew should us how to put the ves on in case of emergency and then a little after that we were off! It took longer for us to walk to our muster drill then the actual muster drill lasted.

Soon it was time to sailaway. We had to wait for the celebrity ship to go out and then it was our turn!!!! YAY!!!!!! Bye Bye Florida!!

Celebrity on her way out!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then it was our turn

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The same beach we were at to watch the Oasis go out! There was a wedding going on

ry%3D400

Soon we headed to the Chic to see if we'd enjoy Anytime dining better then traditional. We were seated at table 608 and our waiter was Tibor and he was assited by Mustar and Yusep. They were great and Mustar had quite the sens of humor. This night I tried the Sweet and sour shrimp and dh tried the Flat Iron Steak. The sweet and sour shrimp were really good and DH raved about the Flat iron Steak the rest of the night. This will probably be a shocker but I have no food pics at all. ::GASP:: LOL All week it seems everytime I thought about taking a pic of my food I was almost done.

left to right Mustar,Yusep and Tibor

ry%3D400

There was plenty of sitting for couples. The tables were really close though. Two of the nights we ended up with a booth. i was excited about that,cause I could see when they sung! After dinner we attended the welcome aboard show. While waiting we saw a crew member (shout outs to Mike) who was on the Fascination with us last September. How ironic! We talked to him for awhile and soon the show started. The show was pretty much the same as it always is,with the exception of them pulling people up onstage to dance. And guess who was one of them?!?! Yup me! As soon as our CD says that some people are gonna get chosen to come up,Mike comes straight to me and pulls me up!! He tells me thats what I get for talking to him LOL. I was so nervous cause at that point I didn't know whatwe were gonna be doing and I knew it would be playing on the tvs over and over again. Everytime I go on a cruise I ended up getting picked for something which is played over and over again on tv I was recognized alot but it was really fun. We didn't have a camera with us,but here I am on tv WOW,I was slipping on the photos this night,must've been all the DODs:p

ry%3D400

This is me and Mike (who I think favors Ben Affleck) on the last day

ry%3D400

After dinner I cannot remember what we did. I am sure we went to the nightclub,probably ate again and relaxed. We did go to the comedy show at 11:45 and it was wall to wall packed. You'd better get there at least an hour early! This would be the trend anytime there was a comedian. We stood for a few of the shows :( Okay, I've finally concluded the first day!!! Oh,I neglected to say that this was the first time that the whole first day went by and we didn't meet our room steward. I found that strange : We also did not get a towel animal,I was crushed. Oh and the taste of the nation on the first day was Italian

ry%3D400

This is the main port I wanted to go to! Five years ago on our Honeymoon,we were supposed to dock there,but Hurricane Rita had other plans. I was so excited. I told Dh that I wanted be off the boat ASAP!! We got up ate breakfast and headed off the ship. I wanna stop here and say that the Lido restaurant has upstairs seating that we always used. There were very few people up there. The fish and chips is also up there. I don't think alot people even knew that the Fish and Chips area existed. I only saw a slight line on one of the sea days.

IMG_9390.jpg?t=1285638290

If you wanna get away from the crowd,this upstairs area for you. There are drink machines on either side so you don't have to go back downstairs unless you want more food! And another thing,this is the first ship that i've been on that has a golf course on the funnel deck! I loved it.

ry%3D400

Loading up Key West pics now and I promise there won't be as many as the first three pages:o

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise vacation with us.

Just love your review and pic's please keep posting them.

Will be on Freedom in 5 week and 5days but who's counting.

Was wondering if you kept your Fun Times? Would be interested in the Spa specials offered during the week. Also do they still do Bingo!

Thanks,

Marcy

Archived