Allure Wedding May 2011 via TWE

CaptainD

My fiance proposed onboard the Grandeur in January 2009. We are getting married onboard the Allure in May 2011 while in port at Ft. Lauderdale.

Everything is being arranged through TWE. My fiance placed the initial phone call to them and spoke with Juanita. She was very polite and informative. We are hoping for a simple, hassle-free, no-need-to-think type experience. She sent us all the info we should need. As long as we complete/submit everything on time, we shouldn't have any issues (we hope!). So far, so good. We setup a payment plan, and just finished making the final payment. By the way - the paperwork indicates that payments must be sent via fax, but I simply scanned the authorization forms and sent them to Juanita via email. Now that they have our money, we'll see how it goes from here.

We've invited several friends and family members to join us on the cruise. You're allowed to have 150 guests (we don't even know that many people), 75 of which can be non-sailing. BUT, if more than 10 of your guests are non-sailing, then you must pay for a reception. We are considering the cruise itself to be a "7-day-long reception", so we've told everyone that we are limited to only TEN non-sailing guests. If more than 10 non-sailing guests indicate they'd like to attend, then I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it (maybe a lottery, maybe first-come-first-served, etc.).

I'm sooooo looking forward to seeing/experiencing this ship! And, of course, marrying the love of my life (TLOML --- that's what I'm planning to have engraved on the inside of his wedding band). 216 days to go!!!!

Archived