Passion Island Excursion???

mom 37

Royal Caribbean has an excursion Passion Island Escape. Has anyone heard of this?? Is it worth doing? I cant find any mention of this on the boards. We will be in Cozumel on March 16. I know that there will be 8 cruise ships there at the same time. What beach would be good to go to with that many people??

• 2 weeks later...

We did ours thru Carnival but must be the same one and it was so cool. We took a small boat 20-30 people and spent the day in the water and sun. Had a wonderful lunch. Chicken, salad, chips, salsa and the best guakamolie in the world!!! And as much as you want to eat and drink :) !!!! Corona and others. Kids had a blast!!! (9 and 12 years old) A bunch of us in our group played a water balloon game also. Was very fun and relaxing ;)

Royal Caribbean has an excursion Passion Island Escape. Has anyone heard of this?? Is it worth doing? I cant find any mention of this on the boards. We will be in Cozumel on March 16. I know that there will be 8 cruise ships there at the same time. What beach would be good to go to with that many people??

Although the beach is very nice, we didn't feel it was worth the $69/pp.

Chrissie

It was expensive. I have been there 2 times. It is beautiful. All you can drink, eat,food is good-especailly the guacamole and chips. It is basically a very beautiful, quiet beach. There are no motorized sports or that kind of thing. I think there was just a volleyball court. There are also chairs and hammacks, restrooms. Great place for couples - maybe a bit boring for kids. there are a few shops- prices okay.

Personally, I think the $69/pp was most definitely worth it. Passion Island was the highlight of my previous cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas, and I'll be taking this excursion again in a few weeks.

Basically, it depends on what you're looking for in your day at Cozumel. The last time I was docked at Cozumel, we were there for two full days due to an itinerary change earlier in the week. That gave us a bit more time to explore and see what our options were. The first day we spent at Playa Sol. If you're looking for an active day at the beach with lots of activities, watersports, and people... then a place like that is a lot of fun. We had a great time there.

If, however, you're looking for more of a "Robinson Crusoe" type setting for a relatively quiet, relaxing day at the beach, Passion Island is perfect. To us, at least, our time there made us feel like we were completely removed from the rest of the world. The beach is beautiful, the drinks were plentiful, and the Mexican buffet lunch was extraordinary. The beach is large enough that you can find your own place to set up shop for the day and not be anywhere near anybody else. There are also plenty of areas in the shade. But, as others have stated, your time there goes by far too quickly.

Here is a photo from our trip to Passion Island, to give you an idea of its postcard picture-perfect quality.

I just read a review of the place on Cruisediva - it was under Going Ashore. I just tried to enter the URL here but I guess it got censured as only asterisks showed up after I posted it. Hope you are able to find the review and find it useful :o

Matt- aren't you going on Rhapsody 5-1-05?

Unfortunately, no. I had been looking at that sailing originally, but we eventually decided for various reasons to go the week prior. But we'll keep the ship in good shape for you and will wave as we get off and you get on. ;)

Archived