Took the Plunge

teach01

I took the plunge and booked with an online agency (the one with the wine promotion). I did not get the wine promotion becuase I booked a package (air and cruise), the price was about $400 cheaper than RCI and my own air. I am not sure that I will use an online agency again. Well I "booked" the cruise on a Friday, since they are online, they send an authorization form that you have to fax back to them. Well what they do not tell you is that even though you got a price if the air increase so will the cost of your package. They do not e-mail the authorization automatically, I had to wait until Monday to get mine. By then the price increase $15 per/person, not a problem becuse it is still much cheaper, however it is the principal of the thing. I e-mailed my assigned (not my choice) TA to let her how unfair I thought this was, she apologized but basically said airfare goes up. I nicely explained to her if they are an internet agency, they should also process requests daily (weekends included) to avoid situation such as this. By the way, the price was still the same when I checked the internet, which I told her---no response to that. She spologized again and then said I do not know what else you want me to say, I said you could say that we will honor the price you were quoted on Friday, since we did not process your request until Monday, she said they are able to do that. Also, I had to email her to get my reservation number from RCI and flight info. I then e-mailed her to know what seating we had, that could not be selected when booking (I did not like that), so she had another agent e-mail me back. I e-mailed her again to make sure our Crown and Anchor numbers were attached to the reservation with RCI. Yet another agent responded to that e-mail.

Although the price was great, I feel like I did not have control over the situation. I am not a control freak or anything, I guess you could say that I am a type A personality and this did not jive with that.

Cheaper is not always better!

When using a TA I prefer dealing with one I can talk to face to face.

So true!!!!! A lesson learned!!!!! I prefer face-to-face, but I also would feel more confortable dealing directly with the airline and RCI.

Archived