FOD on HAL

thulewx

• 2 weeks later...

A friend recently took a HAL cruise and was denied a request for a FOD get together. He did not take the refusal lying down. He wrote to the company and received a reply indicating that it was company policy to permit FOD meetings, if such are requested. He emailed many of his friends the letter he received. I printed it out to take with me on a HAL cruise scheduled next Oct. Do not let homophobic cruise directors give you the run-around. If anyone wants, I will post the letter on this site.

A friend recently took a HAL cruise and was denied a request for a FOD get together. He did not take the refusal lying down. He wrote to the company and received a reply indicating that it was company policy to permit FOD meetings, if such are requested. He emailed many of his friends the letter he received. I printed it out to take with me on a HAL cruise scheduled next Oct. Do not let homophobic cruise directors give you the run-around. If anyone wants, I will post the letter on this site.

It’s hard to believe – especially given the number of gay men working on cruise ships – that there can be a homophobic Cruise Director, isn’t it? One of Princess Cruises most popular Cruise Directors (I won’t mention names, but do the initials GS mean anything to you?) is reported to be a big homophobe and denied all request for FOD parties. This from one of his gay staff members…

It’s hard to believe – especially given the number of gay men working on cruise ships – that there can be a homophobic Cruise Director, isn’t it? One of Princess Cruises most popular Cruise Directors (I won’t mention names, but do the initials GS mean anything to you?) is reported to be a big homophobe and denied all request for FOD parties. This from one of his gay staff members…

When I was on my first Princess cruise GS was the cruise director and there was no FOD party. However, my most recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess, GS was again the CD and this time there were two FOD parties. Hard to understand the guy I guess.

When I was on my first Princess cruise GS was the cruise director and there was no FOD party. However, my most recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess, GS was again the CD and this time there were two FOD parties. Hard to understand the guy I guess.

After I posted, I remembered that you had said that. I wonder how much Gavin had to do with that. One of my good friends was G’s Deputy Cruise Director and he said G wouldn’t budge on a FOD gathering. I joined Grand Princess for a back to back the week that G left and Tim Donovan joined...and my friend was estatic that he would allow the gatherings...

Archived