Best Price Guarantee?

Sammydan

From the http://www.ncl.com home page...I didn't know about it either...

Always Get the Best Price. Guaranteed.

With the "Best Price. Guaranteed." program from Norwegian Cruise Line, book now with confidence because, you will never have to worry about missing out on the best price.

Here's how it works: If you find a lower advertised price from Norwegian Cruise Line for the same cruise within 48 hours of booking your fully deposited trip, you'll receive 110% of the difference in the form of an Onboard Credit, or we'll re-price your cruise at the lower price. The choice is yours.

Just complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form and submit it online within 48 hours of making your booking. If it meets the Guarantee criteria and you choose to receive an On-board Credit, we will automatically attach that credit to your account. Once you are on board the ship, you can use the credit however you please.

Now you can be sure, when cruising with Norwegian Cruise Line you always get the Best Price. Guaranteed.

What is a "Best Price. Guaranteed." Program?

It is Norwegian Cruise Line's guarantee that you will receive the lowest priceavailable at time of booking. If within 48 hours of making your deposit you find a qualifying lower price,advertised to the general public, Norwegian Cruise Line will offer you the option to take the new reduced price or to receive an Onboard Credit (OBC) equal to 110% of the price difference.

Back to Top | Back to "Best Price. Guaranteed." page

I saw a lower price at a travel agency, why can't I get it?

From time to time an agency will negotiate a special price for a group or for a special promotion. The terms of this offer require that the price be a lower publicly advertised NCL price.

How do you calculate the amount of the Onboard Credit?

The OBC will be calculated on the cruise price only and it does not include Taxes, and other fees.

I don't remember exactly where I saw the price?

In order to be eligible for this program Norwegian Cruise Line must be able to verify the price advertised, therefore we must have the location of the advertising.

Why can't I get the discount before I apply my deposit?

Before the full deposit a reservation is only a courtesy hold. The program allows you to find a better price 48 hours after you have booked and held your reservation with full deposit.

Why can't I get my unused OBC as a refund?

The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value.

You've lowered prices on all categories but mine, can I get a comparable OBC?

Unfortunately not. The "Best Price. Guaranteed." Program stipulates that in order to be eligible for the OBC you need to have found a lower NCL publicly advertised price available to the general public in the category you booked.

Does the price reduction or OBC apply to the prices of all the passengers in a cabin?

The "Best Price. Guaranteed." only applies to the 1st and 2nd passengers in a cabin.

What if my price went down after the 48 hours?

If it is prior to final payment you have the option to cancel and rebook but must accept the Terms and Conditions of the new promotion.

Why do I need to fill out a form?

For reporting and verification purposes, we need to have the information on the form completed.

How do I know if the price I saw is a price advertised to the general public?

You can provide us the information and we will verify. If the price is found through a travel agent, it may be a price available only for that agency as they may have group space or an exclusive price.

What if I change or cancel my sail date, can I move my OBC or get a refund on the new date?

No. The "Best Price. Guaranteed." only applies to your original booking.

I would say it depends on how early you book your cruise. I booked our cruise on the Sky 1 1/2 years in advance. The price never dropped below what I paid. In fact, it only went up, even as the ship was close to filling up and the date of sailing neared. I NEVER saw a lower price and I checked almost daily.

I would say it depends on how early you book your cruise. I booked our cruise on the Sky 1 1/2 years in advance. The price never dropped below what I paid. In fact, it only went up, even as the ship was close to filling up and the date of sailing neared. I NEVER saw a lower price and I checked almost daily.
You forget that every cruise books up different and just because you book 1 1/2 in advance does not guarantee the best price. I am sure many cruises that do not fill up go much cheaper.

Key being within 48 hours. AT least Carnival gives you onboard credits when the price drops if you book with the "early saver". Hense why I will not book NCL now for the summer, prices will drop as they did last year and I will have paid more and be pissed off.

If the price drops and you have not did your final payment, NCL will price adjust your cruise fare. Keep in mind that the new rules will apply so if there was any promotion that gave you shipboard credit you could lose that. This is standard for most crusie lines.

Archived