Request for Information from People who took China- -Yangtze Tour Cruises

sands28

We are planning ahead and are considering taking the above trip. We are looking at the 17-18 day tour-cruise that also includes Hong Kong. We have started to collect data from various tour companies, including: Uniworld, Viking, Trafalgar, Pacific Delights, etc.

We have done web searches for reviews and have discovered some issues. Several people have commented that the Yangtze cruise to the Three Gorge Dam is nothing put 1000 yards of muddy water. Others have complained that the food was not very good and at many stops was provided in a large, impersonal catering site. Another issue seems to be the shopping stops, which some describe as wasted time in company stores with over priced goods.

We would greatly appreciate hearing the opinions of those of you that have taken this trip.

We did the Yangtze River with Hong Kong with Pac Delights. We did the supervalue tour as we did not want to spend the extra money for the gold tour.

We enjoyed the trip and had no complaints about the river part of the cruise. Our boat was rather old but we had a very comfortable twin bed.

I think all the companies have to do the shopping tours.

There were a lot of optionals with Pac Delights. We took all of them. There were 8 people in our group.. a very nice size. We had a wonderful guide named May.

The food was average.. to be expected on the supervalue tour. The hotels were fine but a bit remote. I think the ones on the gold tour are better located and fancier but ours were just fine.

I would not hesitate to recommend Pac Delights.

Have fun! We loved China.. we just returned from Egypt and did not like it as much as our China trip.It was fine.. we just liked China more.

We took the Vantage China/Yangtzee trip in 2007. Loved it, no problems. Great schedule of tours included. Spent 4 or 5 nights on the Yangtzee. Good ship, good food. Would go back to China again. Wonderful country to tour. Willard

I took the China/Yangtze cruise in2006. I did it with Odysseys International because they featured small group trips. We had 21 people. We stayed at some of the same hotels that Vantage did, but they had 45 people on their trip.

The story of the trip is on our website http://www.stevekathytravels.com at the bottom called "High Road to China"

We are planning ahead and are considering taking the above trip. We are looking at the 17-18 day tour-cruise that also includes Hong Kong. We have started to collect data from various tour companies, including: Uniworld, Viking, Trafalgar, Pacific Delights, etc.

We have done web searches for reviews and have discovered some issues. Several people have commented that the Yangtze cruise to the Three Gorge Dam is nothing put 1000 yards of muddy water. Others have complained that the food was not very good and at many stops was provided in a large, impersonal catering site. Another issue seems to be the shopping stops, which some describe as wasted time in company stores with over priced goods.

We would greatly appreciate hearing the opinions of those of you that have taken this trip.

we are just starting this search as well....our trip would not be until 2012. we will be looking at all the cruise providers and back here looking for input.

We have already booked our China/Yantgze trip for next year. We also did lots of research and ended up with Pacific Delight tours the gold version. It's 18 days in 4 star hotels with lots of good tours. We also booked a pre package thru our travel agent, so we are going in 4 days early and staying in a 4 star hotel. We thought this would accomplish several things...jet lag, seeing more of Beijing etc. I've heard lots of good things about this tour company and my TA deals with them weekly, so I feel very good about this. Can't wait to check this off my "Bucket List" hahhah.

Gypsy lady

Archived