New Boarding Pass System

UpstateCruizer

Carnival just called us in regards to our October 18th cruise aboard the Miracle. They are now using a boarding pass to board the ship and will no longer but accepting the fun pass to board. I had previously printed our fun pass but she told me to throw it out and go print the new boarding pass from our cruise documents. This new change just started this month.

Anyone who printed their documents early make sure you go back into your documents and print the new boarding pass :)

So is it still going to be first to arrive at the terminal and check in is first to get on the ship....or is it predetermined by when you print you boarding pass or some other system integrated into the boarding pass?

I printed mine out the other day, and, after reading your question, couldn't see anything that would make me think that embarkation is determined by something on my/our Boarding Pass. I'm thinking it's as before, first come, first served (I AM HOPING IT STILL WORKS THAT WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

On the Dream in 9 DAYS!!!

Matt

I printed mine out the other day, and, after reading your question, couldn't see anything that would make me think that embarkation is determined by something on my/our Boarding Pass. I'm thinking it's as before, first come, first served (I AM HOPING IT STILL WORKS THAT WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

On the Dream in 9 DAYS!!!

Matt

Cool! Have fun! And let us know what you think of the Dream!

So is it still going to be first to arrive at the terminal and check in is first to get on the ship....or is it predetermined by when you print you boarding pass or some other system integrated into the boarding pass?

unless SouthWest airlines just bought Carnival it should still be the old way, first there, first on.:)

Bill

Carnival just called us in regards to our October 18th cruise aboard the Miracle. They are now using a boarding pass to board the ship and will no longer but accepting the fun pass to board. I had previously printed our fun pass but she told me to throw it out and go print the new boarding pass from our cruise documents. This new change just started this month.

Anyone who printed their documents early make sure you go back into your documents and print the new boarding pass :)

Thank you for the headsup..we leave Sunday and we did not get a call from Carnival telling us to print this boarding pass...I had already printed the Funpass and would have left it at that...saved us some grief for sure...thanks again..

How would they do anything BUT first to arrive, first to board?

People arrive from 10AM ish to 3PM ish......

We'll keep arriving early and boarding around 11Am....:D

Bill

If I were you I would call customer service( 1-888-227-6482) and ask them if the fun pass still has to be filled out. The way I understand the the fun pass has to be filed before you board the ship or while you are at the terminal.The fun pass is sent to homeland security so they can keep track of everbody leaving the country and reuturning to the United States. Checking will not hurt, let me know if Im correct.

Thanks

Gary

Thanks, just took care of mine. Apprecite it!!! We leave ont October 12th so really appreciate the heads up!!!

If I were you I would call customer service( 1-888-227-6482) and ask them if the fun pass still has to be filled out. The way I understand the the fun pass has to be filed before you board the ship or while you are at the terminal.The fun pass is sent to homeland security so they can keep track of everbody leaving the country and reuturning to the United States. Checking will not hurt, let me know if Im correct.

Thanks

Gary

The boarding pass has replaced the printed fun pass. You still complete all the fun pass info online as you did before but now it gives you the option to print individual boarding passes for each person on the booking or to combine them onto one. They told me to throw away my previously printed fun pass. :)

If I were you I would call customer service( 1-888-227-6482) and ask them if the fun pass still has to be filled out. The way I understand the the fun pass has to be filed before you board the ship or while you are at the terminal.The fun pass is sent to homeland security so they can keep track of everbody leaving the country and reuturning to the United States. Checking will not hurt, let me know if Im correct. If you fill out the Fun pass then all you need is your boarding pass and other documents.

If you did not fill out the fun pass then when you get to the cruise terminal documets must be filled out, I believe ,before you get your boarding pass.

Thanks

shipbound

The boarding pass has replaced the printed fun pass. You still complete all the fun pass info online as you did before but now it gives you the option to print individual boarding passes for each person on the booking or to combine them onto one. They told me to throw away my previously printed fun pass. :)

Read this and then went online to the "Manage My Cruise" section after logging on. It's funny though, when you look at the things to do list, they still call it "Edit the Fun Pass". Saved as PDF file until it is needed in November. Who knows, it could change again before then. The Boarding Pass doesn't look like it has any more or different information than the Fun Pass, does it?

We leave in 4 days and as I was double checking the documents online last night, I noticed the new "boarding pass". I already had the fun pass printed. I'm bringing both.

I wish Carnival had notified people of the need to reprint their documents.

Thanks

Gary

I had already completed our fun passes and printed the fun pass to board. After I read the new change I went in and printed the new boarding pass. Thats all I need to do right?

"I had already completed our fun passes and printed the fun pass to board. After I read the new change I went in and printed the new boarding pass. Thats all I need to do right? "

That is all that I did after reading these boards. And yes, the boarding pass looks different than the Fun Pass to the person that asked that. I did not receive a call yet, but then again I don't cruise until Nov. 1st, but thanks to these boards, I read that I would have to have it. Sure am thankful for all the information I find on these boards!

Bright eyes I called customer service this is what they told me. IF a guest fills out the fun pass, which is on line check in , a guest can print their boarding pass. when a guest gets to the cruise terminal all you need is your boarding pass and travel documents to board the ship. However, if a guest does not complete the fun pass you can not print your boarding pass and when a guest gets to the cruise terminal those documents must be filled out before they get the boarding pass. The best thing to do is fill out the information needed for the fun pass before you get to the cruise terminal, it saves time.

Gary.

Thanks

Gary

We were on Freedom the first week in September and the passes had switched in between the time I had printed my Fun Pass and the new ones came out. My son had printed out the new boarding pass and I had the Fun Pass. We didn't have any problem boarding with either one of them. Now that it's entirely switched over, you shouldn't have a problem. Your printer will print out what you need.

I suspect that the format of the information on the new boarding pass is more in keeping with the desires/orders of the TSA (Twinky Stupidity Association). This has all the earmarks of a Homeland Security forced revision.

The good thing is that the way the print documents stuff is now laid out, one has check boxes for the "fun pass",which we all know is the boarding pass now, and for the baggage checks. No more pawing through a long que of potential pages hunting for the baggage tags.

Doc

Archived