Poesia Suite or Superior Balcony Stateroom?

Lambface

Hello! Has anyone seen the difference in size between a SUITE on the MSC Poesia and a Superior Balcony Stateroom? Is the difference in size mostly in the bathroom or is there quite a bit more room in the stateroom? Any advice and/or photos you might be able to provide would be much appreciated. THANKS!

Hi Lambface,

I can't speak from personal experience (nor personal photos), but I did find some helpful info and photos for you on the ShipRocked page:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UJ6mofbMWQIJ:www.getshiprocked.com/cruise/msc-poesia/+msc+poesia+suite&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

It looks like the cabin and the bathroom are both a little bigger (though longer and narrower), and you'd have a full tub with the suite.

Other than that, the suites are only on deck 15 forward. Not that that is a bad thing (they actually should be very quiet--they're off in an almost-private area), but just depending on if you'd prefer a different part of the ship ...

I also have no personal experience of Poesia's suites but do know that you get more room in suites compared to balconies. You get also get a much larger wardrobe and generally a lot more storage.

Form the cruisedeckplans website, it gives the ave measurements and also a plan of suites and balcony cabins which will give you a good idea of the difference.

here;s the link

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=MSC%20Poesia

I'm sitting in a superior balcony cabin on the Poesia right now (in Newport waiting for our tender # to be called). I've not seen a suite, but can tell you there is plenty of room in here, and it is very comfortable. The closet could be bigger, but there's plenty of drawer space. The loveseat is not huge, but it's comfortable. I will post pictures as soon as I get home.

Hi Lopakarob . . . thanks for the reply. I've actually been on the Poesia last November in an aft Superior Balcony cabin and it was great. If in your travels you find yourself on the 12th deck and can stick your neck into one of the suites . . . and offer your opinion . . . I'd be much obliged! Hope you're having a great cruise!

We had a suite on deck 15 last Nov when we brought Poesia over from Europe. Friends in superior balcony which was slightly smaller. Tub only in suite. Not a huge difference. Biggest complaint about suites is the GD joggers at sunrise who leave the jogging track and climb two sets of stairs to get to roof above suites. Their thundering hooves woke me at the crack of dawn everyday.

:mad:

Hi "Man Overboard" thanks so much for your response. It's so difficult to tell from the room layout/schematics how a room is laid out . . . from the schematics it didn't seem "worth it" to spring for the suite as much of the extra space seemed to be in the bathroom. Your comments regarding the location are priceless. Thanks again!

As long as we're on the subject of suites vs. staterooms, are there any other advantages of a suite over a statement besides more space and a tub? Are there any special amenities, like express embarkation, more choices for in-room menus, treats in the room (flowers or wine)? (I assume no butler.)

Archived