From hostmach on Conquest

cullensmom

MAYBE this will calm them all down:

Just got a formal letter under our door 3 minutes ago from Captain Antonio Sammartino apologizing for the changes in our itinerary and posting a $12.36 per person credit to our Sail & SIGN CARD, 20% discount on future cruises and inviting guests for complimentary cocktails this afternoon from 4:30-6pm on promenade and lido deck. SWEET !!!!! People need to make the best out of the situation and realize how lucky we are to be on a cruise. I know Maria and I are.

Back in October of 2006 on the Conquest. We had 16-18 ft seas. A tropical depression was coming thru the Gulf. The first 2 days were miserable. Even many of the crew were sick. Luckily by Tuesday we had clear blue skys and had a blast.

When you book a curise during hurrican season, you just never know haw the weather will be. just think, things could be worse and you could be at work like I am!!!

But sure would be nice if all these storms would move out before we leave on the 10th!!!!

Me too...me too! I'll be there with you! :)

OK... the protest didn't materialize... just a bunch of folks being incited by two twits who wanted refunds for the cruise because we missed two ports.

One of them approached me and said 'Have you been to customer service?' I asked 'For what?' 'For missing two ports' from him. I told him I was getting what I paid for and that no ports are guaranteed. He looked at me scornfully and asked 'Who are you with?' I told him I was with my girlfriend. More scorn when he asked 'Are you with the cruise line?' I said 'Nope... have you read the contract you signed?' I guess not as he turned on his heal and stomped off looking for other ill informed folks to incite.

Carnival did deliver a letter to my cabin moments ago stating that we would received a $12.46 refund for Grand Cayman and a discount for 20% off a future cruise... far more than we were entitled to.

:)

- Mach

Sign me up for that! I'll take 5 days out to sea with no ports and 20% off my next cruise.

Come on hurricanes!!!!!!!!!! You've got 5 days to give me something good!!!!!!!!

ME too! We sail on Saturday and some of our group is asking what happens if we can't go to our ports. PLEASE give me this offer as in all our Cruises and all our missed ports we've never been offered a discount or a FREE Cocktail party above what they already offer on the ship. And we Cruise almost every year during the "season".

Just got a formal letter under our door 3 minutes ago from Captain Antonio Sammartino apologizing for the changes in our itinerary and posting a $12.36 per person credit to our Sail & SIGN CARD, 20% discount on future cruises and inviting guests for complimentary cocktails this afternoon from 4:30-6pm on promenade and lido deck. SWEET !!!!! People need to make the best out of the situation and realize how lucky we are to be on a cruise. I know Maria and I are.

Is Carnival trying to soothe the passengers so they won't get off the ship at first port and claim refund for entire cruise? Assuming that policy is still in effect.

Is Carnival trying to soothe the passengers so they won't get off the ship at first port and claim refund for entire cruise? Assuming that policy is still in effect.

There's something up their sleeves. They were TOO quick on this one.

I realize it would be a disappointment if you have never been to the ports but having been to all of these ports 3 times & going again in 9 days... I would be thrilled with a 20% discount!

Can't believe people think they can blame the cruiseline for missed ports. Wonder if they would expect to resort to refund their money if they had flown to Jamaica or Grand Cayman?? Only way I see that happening is if they evacuated the islands.

Happy Cruising!!!

The Carnival Guaranteed Vacation would not be applicable in this case...

there are limitations listed...

Here's another post from the Funville thread from one of our Crazie friends.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone! Today has been an interesting one, to say the least! Rockin' and rollin' all day long! Luckily, it doesn't bother me one little bit and I love feeling the ship roll. It just reminds me I'm not on dry land!

Our cabin is on deck 6 at the very front of the ship. We have a window looking out over the "secret" deck and I've had a great time sitting up in the window taking video and watching the waves. You can feel the ship go up and down, up and down and then all of a sudden, we have a big drop and the water slams into the bottom of the ship. It'll wake you up from a nap, I'll tell you that! The wind was howling across the deck in front of the window and the rain blowing sideways. I couldn't see the horizon for quite a while. Pretty cool. We all should have some great pictures and videos to share when we get back!

I'm with Mach-I wish we'd just skip Cayman and head towards Cozumel, so we can spend a couple of days there. But, where ever we end up, the Crazies will make it fun! And hey, I'm on a boat! emotion-2.gif

I was in 6204 on Conquest. I know I'm a broken record (for the 10's and 10's of times I've posted) but I LOVED THAT CABIN!! I LOVED the view and I LOVED the 'secret deck'.

I'm glad to be a landlubber this week!

Tell me about it. I need Bonine just thinking about 18 foot swells.

Carnival's offering is very nice considering it's mother nature causing the problems....Good for them and a big :rolleyes: to anyone who complains about missing ports at the height of hurricane season.

OK... the protest didn't materialize... just a bunch of folks being incited by two twits who wanted refunds for the cruise because we missed two ports.

One of them approached me and said 'Have you been to customer service?' I asked 'For what?' 'For missing two ports' from him. I told him I was getting what I paid for and that no ports are guaranteed. He looked at me scornfully and asked 'Who are you with?' I told him I was with my girlfriend. More scorn when he asked 'Are you with the cruise line?' I said 'Nope... have you read the contract you signed?' I guess not as he turned on his heal and stomped off looking for other ill informed folks to incite.

Carnival did deliver a letter to my cabin moments ago stating that we would received a $12.46 refund for Grand Cayman and a discount for 20% off a future cruise... far more than we were entitled to.

- Mach

So..Carnival's security will cut someone's alcohol off for an entire cruise for a seemingly minor incident, but they will allow this idiot to run all around the ship trying to incite a riot/mutiny for something that is COMPLETELY out of Carnival's control? *****? Priorities, Carnival security people!

I would love to get 20% my next cruise. I feel that is more than they should get also.

I agree, while there are many instances where Carnival needs to compensate this isn't one of them. If you cruise in September you should know you are at the height of hurricane season. Why do they think it is so cheap.

I wonder if Carnival's Vacation Guarantee could apply in this situation.

If you are unhappy with your cruise, you can get off at the first port, get a full refund, and Carnival will fly you home.

Since the first two ports got cancelled, maybe they can invoke the guarantee and get off in Cozumel and fly home (after spending a wonderful day in Cozumel)

Me too...me too! I'll be there with you! :)

- Mach

I think that's really nice of Carnival to provide all those for the changes. We leave on the Conquest on the 17th for our 1st cruise. We have been planning for the cruise for a little over a year from the sail date & where we would be totally dissappointed over missing ports, we would not be made over it & definately not at Carnival. They have no control over the weather, people need to chill out sometimes. LOL! :p

The Carnival Guaranteed Vacation would not be applicable in this case...

there are limitations listed...

I just re-read the guarantee and I do not see an exclusion for this. They just need to let them know before they hit that first port.

A lot of people are not multiple repeat cruisers like here on CC and I think many of the 20% off vouchers will go unused. Some will not be able to stomach the idea of getting on a rough boat again, not matter how good/bad the seas are and some will just be fed up with Carnival for "ruining their vacation".

I think Carnival was smart to jump on the situation, even though per their contract they didn't have to do anything aside from the port fees. The 20% off and the free cocktails will go a long way towards shutting a lot of people up, but unfortunately many will never be happy.

I wonder if Carnival's Vacation Guarantee could apply in this situation.

If you are unhappy with your cruise, you can get off at the first port, get a full refund, and Carnival will fly you home.

Since the first two ports got cancelled, maybe they can invoke the guarantee and get off in Cozumel and fly home (after spending a wonderful day in Cozumel)

The refund would be pro-rated to refund for only the remaining number of days in the cruise after the first non-US Port, the Cruisers will have to buy their own econo class airfare and get reimbursed later (and pay for all other food, lodging, transportation while awaiting a flight), and will need a Passport (or arrange one) to fly. Ken

Carnival did deliver a letter to my cabin moments ago stating that we would received a $12.46 refund for Grand Cayman and a discount for 20% off a future cruise... far more than we were entitled to. HUH?????

- Mach

Why do you say it is "far more than you are entitled to"??? Odd comment when, yes, the contract covers Carnival's butt for any mishap whatsoever....but most folks cruise to see the world and it is oh so disappointing to miss the ports. It is almost inhuman not to have compassion or understanding for those who are sorely disappointed in such an unfortunate situation. Maybe you don't care, but many folks choose their cruise based on destination/itinerary and will never be able to return. Before you flame me, I completely understand that NO cruise line can control Mother Nature, but to be such a cheerleader so as to say you are not "entitled" to what the cruise lines deems as some sort of compensation does not appear to sound sincere. Are you a Carnival employee????

Live from the Conquest....

a friend and I infiltrated a meeting of who i have dubbed "The Mad People"....one lady actually was CONVINCED that Carnival was blocking her text messages....another lady has a friend trying to contact CNN about this "outrage"....you should have seen these people....i can understand frustration, but standing around and screaming is not my idea of having control of ones self....:rolleyes:

i sure hope we stop in Cozumel tomorrow....i'm ready for some dry land!

I have had a wonderful cruise in SPITE of missing 2 ports...i'm with the Crazies....how could that be a bad time?

I hope this posts....the internet is very spotty....

Can't wait to get back and read all this thread!:D

Archived